lost the plot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
please help
have done the gel course from essential nails home course and have been offered to work in a local hairdressing salon
nails are good but didnt learn anything to do with white tips just the natural look and getting scared that someone will want whites i have bought french tips but cant seem to do them without being flat and the sides are sticking out do i blend these?? tried and rubbed off too much

desperatly need to work as have kids and not working and not claiming yet and christmas is coming up

I thought the essential nail course covered the white gel? Have you sent the work off to be marked.

Take care xx

yes i sent it but it was only the natural not the white that i was sent, there is nothing on the dvd at all about doing white tips

i will post on this tomorrow hun as im to far gone to spell at the mo! lol

julia_james said:
yes i sent it but it was only the natural not the white that i was sent, there is nothing on the dvd at all about doing white tips

One of the important things you need when you work on real clients is insurance. Have you got this. You have to show certificates etc to prove you are competent.

When Gina send your cards back she will have pointed out things that can be done better and points out the work you have done well. Im surprised they don't have the sculpter gel in the kit, thought about getting some and having a go?

With the white tips, you want to get good ones I prefer the ones without the wells nice and thin. Tips need to go over the nail like a coat no gaps as you know. Sometimes if a tip spreads at the side it can mean it is sized wrong. You dont blend white tips generally you remove the shine with a block. As for the sides if the smile is deep then holding the edges with your nails help them adhere to the nail. Be careful with white tips they suit the bigger nail bed. No good for nail biters.

You want to get as much practice in on friends and family to get your confidence up. Then see about furthering your education to open your world into using white gel and sculpting.

any more help needed holla.

Take care xx

I can confirm that the EN course only uses natural tips and clear gel as I'm doing it myself! I did treat myself to the nsi balance trial kit so that I could have a play around with pink and white gels without spending too many pennies! You get the nail trainer with the course and I have to say I make the most of my most obliging guineapig!!

EN do have a complete range of pink, white and coloured gels, along with sculpting gels too - give them a ring and ask them for some more info on these - I've always found them really helpful.

size them correctly, as for removing shine ..... well, try on a practise finger without removing shine, be buggered if i can get the acylic off, i have never buffed the shine off

Latest posts

Back