Lowlights on lightened hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sturner88

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for reading...

I have been styling for 11 years now but have been doing colour for the last year. I did some training courses at Loreal so I am most familiar with their products, also starting to use some of the Wella's.

I wondered if anyone had any good tips on low lighting, on hair that has already been lightened. At Loreal they advised to paint on the undercoat and then go over the top with the desired shade. The only problem I am finding with this is is that it's expensive (I am mobile), time consuming and a bit of a faff! I wondered if anyone experienced knows any good tips or products that you do not need to do the pre colour with for lowlights, without them fading, or is this the only way?

Friendly replies only please :)

Thanks for your time x

Hi you could colour match ie add 3/6 cm of your prebase colour to your target colour and apply as normal or you could use richesse but choose a slightly lighter shade as it's gonna be on longer than process time hope this helps

Hi you could colour match ie add 3/6 cm of your prebase colour to your target colour and apply as normal or you could use richesse but choose a slightly lighter shade as it's gonna be on longer than process time hope this helps

Just so you know, the OP created this thread in 2015, and hasn't visited the site since April of this year.

Goldwell do colour for lowlights & you don't need to pre pig first. I use them with no problems

Latest posts

Back