Magnifying glasses for Eyelash Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless Tanning

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Do any of you use the magnifying glasses with the light from LashBase.

I really struggle sometimes with lighting and finding lashes when lighting isn't great and wondered if anyone could recommend these or anything else similar.

Thanks

Jackie

Thanks, that looks great. Will be interesting to see if anyone that does eyelash extensions uses anything like this.

thanks

x

I just use my mag lamp for lashes as i am not mobile. However, i do use the head lamp when I'm doing permanent make up, and its great. Messes your hair up a bit tho!

I use the deluxe magnifier from beauty express as my trainer had one & it was so much easier on my eyes than using a mag lamp. You can move around & don't have to keep adjusting the maglamp. I think it looks very professional too. Plus the bright lights aren't shining in to the clients face!
HTH
Fiona

Just putting a stamp on this so I can find later! I've been looking for these without much luck...thanks!

I bought one from ebay for about a tenner and it really works. I'm still in the practising stages of eyelash extensions and only used them whilst doing friends/family. They crack up laughing at me when they see me wearing it but i hope that clients won't. And yes it does mess your hair up :lol:

Hi Jurate... I bought that headlamp from Salon Services and found that the LED light was not strong enough. the magnification lenses were top class though! So for a while, I used the head-contraption with just the lenses and put a separate headlamp that I bought from Argos on (it has 7 LED lights and swivels. I will try and post the link to it. It's half price at the moment)
Then I thought to myself. What the hell are you doing??? Just buy magnification GLASSES and use the Argos headlamp. I used to work in an opticians and would recommend that you see an optician so that he/she can prescribe the correct magnification for your own sight, working at the distance that you do. For me, the optician recommended +1.50s. (I NEVER lash without them - I can see all the baby hairs!) When I earn a bit more money, I will invest in the mag lamp and then I'll have a choice.

I use Nouveau's extending magnifying glasses. They are a bit pricey but I love them and I never lash without them. I bought some cheaper ones to start with and they kept slipping off my nose. I don't like the ones that go round your head as I don't want to mess my hair up.
I use a lamp that I bought from Ikea and it's fab1
Here's the links;
Nouveau Shop

IKEA | Lighting | Work lamps | GLOBAL | Work lamp

Just marking this so I can find it later c

Just marking this so I can find it later c
If you go to the top of he page, there is a tab that says 'Thread tools'. On the drop down menu you have a choice to 'subscribe to this thread'. That way you'll be able to find it!

If you go to the top of he page, there is a tab that says 'Thread tools'. On the drop down menu you have a choice to 'subscribe to this thread'. That way you'll be able to find it!

Never knew about that!! Thanks!! Just subscribed via my iPhone !! X

also just commenting to find later :) x

also just commenting to find later :) x
You don't need to comment to be able to find the thread.
Just subscribe to the thread as above.
Next time you log on, go to 'settings' at the top right of the page. In the list on the left hand side of the page, there is a heading 'subscribed threads'. Click on this and a list will come up of any threads you have subscribed to :biggrin:

Thanks Ladies

I will look into all your suggestions, I didn't realise there were so many out there.

I'm hoping it will be a great help to me and hopefully help make me even faster by not taking so long to find the right lashes.

Jackie x

Hi there, I've tried both the Deluxe Headband like the one shown HERE and the magnifier specs shown HERE. I prefer the ones from Premier lash (just be sure to select the right magnification for your working distance). I couple these with a Head light which is much brighter than the light that comes with the mag/headlamp combos.

I bought the Energizer 7 LED light from Halfords which you can see HERE not to be confused with the cheaper 5 LED version which isn't as bright. I do find I have to change the batteries every so often to keep the light at it's brightest, but with this combo I can always see everything super bright and clear - even lashes as fine as cotton candy!

HTH

Latest posts

Back