Magnifying lamp for electrolysis before I go mad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jowo

Reaction score
I need some advice on magnifying lamps. I have a lamp which I bought from Maplins for general use which is rubbish for electrolysis (but I cant find the receipt, so can't take it back), so I need to buy another one, can anyone recommend one to me? I cant afford to buy something else that is of no use :(

I want to make sure my probing is spot on and at the moment don't feel that it is 100%

Hoping someone can shed some light!

It is best to get one from a beauty supplier such as Beauty Express, Ellisons or similar - they tend to be cheaper than buying direct from the Daylight Company. You need a lamp specifically designed for the purpose.

Thank you. I think I will go for either the Daylight Ultra slimline Mag Lamp or the Daylight Deluxe Magnifying Lamp.

Have you used both to compare?

I know there are lots of cheaper lamps out there but I am hoping that I will buy one that is great and I won't regret buying afterwards because I went for a cheaper option!

These provide excellent light and magnification, but I managed to break the cheaper one easily( a few actually). They are very flimsy. Now I have the de luxe one and it is a much sturdier arm.

Hi, just wondering has anyone used the magnifying head lamp to do electrolysis as I find the mag lamp gets in the way of the probe.
please help:p

You could try a shorter probe holder, or consider getting some magnifying loupes. I usually get these from Instantron or Texas electrolysis supplies USA.

I use a clip on lens for my glasses. If you do not wear glasses you can get glasses or loupes. I have purchased products from USA before but beware of import tax and if you need to return can be a costly business. There are suppliers in UK and perhaps Ireland if you search. Some loupes will depend on an opticians prescription. Have a shop around and do some research.

Hi Jowo and everyone else, can I ask did you get a daylight magnifying lamp as I am in the same position and going dizzy trying to find a magnifying lamp for my electrolysis and which model did you try as Beauty Express etc have a few listed, thanks

Latest posts

Back