Major Bluesky Shellac rant, alert!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i'll just sit here and pull my hair out at the sheer stupidity of people.

I am just curious as to what you say if you are wearing a colour that CND don't do? Do you tell the client/potential client it is knock off shellac you use on yourself? I am not having a go just wondered what you do? x

I would say that it an ordinary polish. I often try to wear the same colours as what shellac do so not to arise that question. No no I know your not and its a reasonable question :) x

We only use the best on clients and what we advertise we use. Simple x

Just out of interest, which hand was fake and which was real?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

Once again what is BLUE SKY???

I've done a little research and I think its a company called Bluesky which are advertising their gel polish as the same as shellac, they say its made with the same ingredients.

Just out of interest, which hand was fake and which was real?

Sorry coco hadn't seen your post! Yes you were right the one with ought rings is CND.x

Once again what is BLUE SKY???

As far as I know, Bluesky is a company that makes a soak off gel polish also called shellac. I suppose that technically it isn't a knock-off or counterfeit because it doesn't use the CND Shellac label (unlike, let's say a knock-off Louis Vuitton bag), but the use of the name shellac and copying the CND Shellac colors and names would suggest that there is something illegal (at the very least a patent/copyright infringement) there.

I guess it's also cheaper? I don't know for sure. I only know what I mentioned above because when I used to google for swatches of the CND Shellac colors pictures of this stuff used to come up.

The Real Shellac won then :)

Now I don't use Shellac and forgive me but I am at a loss as to why someone would come on here and say that Bluesky is basically the same thing. This is an open forum which is available to the general public who we are trying to educate against using knock off, fake products.

Is it me or have I missed something?

Now I don't use Shellac and forgive me but I am at a loss as to why someone would come on here and say that Bluesky is basically the same thing. This is an open forum which is available to the general public who we are trying to educate against using knock off, fake products.

Is it me or have I missed something?

hallelujah!!!!:Love:

As far as I know, Bluesky is a company that makes a soak off gel polish also called shellac. I suppose that technically it isn't a knock-off or counterfeit because it doesn't use the CND Shellac label (unlike, let's say a knock-off Louis Vuitton bag), but the use of the name shellac and copying the CND Shellac colors and names would suggest that there is something illegal (at the very least a patent/copyright infringement) there.

I guess it's also cheaper? I don't know for sure. I only know what I mentioned above because when I used to google for swatches of the CND Shellac colors pictures of this stuff used to come up.

Anyone can use the name shellac, it's not owned by CND.

I think it's the fact that the bottles & colours are the same as CND. So that's why they are being called knock offs which I don't understand as they are not saying it's CND shellac and making a cheapie version stating it is CND it's called bluesky shellac, but I understand that they have copied colours and packaging etc.x

Anyone can use the name shellac, it's not owned by CND.

I think it's the fact that the bottles & colours are the same as CND. So that's why they are being called knock offs which I don't understand as they are not saying it's CND shellac and making a cheapie version stating it is CND it's called bluesky shellac, but I understand that they have copied colours and packaging etc.x

When something comes straight from China in a bottle that does its best to look the same, colours with all the exact same names, no MSDS, no ingredient listing, incorrect labelling, no education, no support or customer service, not a professional product ........ It is 'passing off, and it is a fake, knock off, copy cat whatever! It tries to look like the real thing and is a blatant copy, as are the other copy cat products they make ........UNTIL YOU OPEN THE BOTTLES and smell it, and USE it and try it and see ( if you need convincing) that it is nothing like the real thing.

Of course Bluesky are trying to hoodwink the general public into thinking it is the real deal. Of course bluesky is a knock off product. And they are trying to steal your business by selling to the public for goodness sake .... Why in the world would anyone who calls themselves a professional unless they had very poor vision or a very limited amount of intelligence, want to support that by buying it and talking about it and highlighting it on an open forum? :eek:

Last edited:
It appears BlueSky has also copied Gelish. Grr. I hate knock offs!!!!!!

Who cares if someone comes out with a new gel polish but to copy the bottles of both shellac and Gelish is gross to me. I would never think to purchase it. I have spent good money to have a gorgeous collection of real Gelish and I am damn proud of it.

I think the OP will now be content with the comments she welcomed with her first post, so it's time to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back