Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has prob been asked a million times but best foundation for no flashback when taken with camera phones ipads etc? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

This has prob been asked a million times but best foundation for no flashback when taken with camera phones ipads etc? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use illamasqua skin base. No flashback :) x

What's your go to lipsticks for brides?
Obv depends on the look their going for but what are your most popular? Do you use a palette? Etc x

Sorry if this has already been covered but not seen it anywhere. Big beautiful, eyebrows that fade out at the inner eye are very popular atm. Just wanted some advice on how to achieve this look and what eyebrow products people use. I have tried Anastasia dip brow which looks better than anything else I've used on myself but still doesn't look right. I don't know if it's just my brows though as I have very corse dark hairs

Sorry if this has already been covered but not seen it anywhere. Big beautiful, eyebrows that fade out at the inner eye are very popular atm. Just wanted some advice on how to achieve this look and what eyebrow products people use. I have tried Anastasia dip brow which looks better than anything else I've used on myself but still doesn't look right. I don't know if it's just my brows though as I have very corse dark hairs

I usually draw a line (find that a brow gel like the dip brow best) with a light touch under the brow where the inner eye is, then draw a line from the top outer corner of the brow from the arch down and fill in the parts in between not too heavily.

After drawing the line under the beginning of the brow I usually just run my finger upwards in the direction of the hair so that you cannot see a definite line. If you need to fill in the part at the beginning of the brow, make sure to do it as if you are drawing very light hair strands, to avoid that blocky look! Hope this makes sense!

Thanks Sarah, you just described exactly what I do! Doesn't quite look right though, maybe I just need lots of practise! Plus my hairs are very dense in that area x

What foundations and finishing powders do you all use? I use studio fix with mineralsed powder but sometimes in pics it just looks so chalky... Also for contouring without a pallette are there any powders anyone would recommend? I'm currently using mineralized powder by Mac in dark with soft and gentle highlighter

Has anyone used mac lip palette? I have a few weddings this year and don't have any neutral lipsticks and was wondering if it's better buying that and a few extras rather than all seperates.. But don't know how good the palettes are?x

Has anyone used mac lip palette? I have a few weddings this year and don't have any neutral lipsticks and was wondering if it's better buying that and a few extras rather than all seperates.. But don't know how good the palettes are?x

Ooh how much are these? Lipsticks are what Im lacking in a bit. Just bought their neutral warm eyeshadow pallette I love it! Would be great for brides too.

Last edited:
Ah I have all of them except the pinks and plums as they have been out of stock! I also emailed Mac for them to give me a list of their most common bridal eyeshadows and lipsticks - happy to forward on if you would like it x

Ah I have all of them except the pinks and plums as they have been out of stock! I also emailed Mac for them to give me a list of their most common bridal eyeshadows and lipsticks - happy to forward on if you would like it x

Aw great! How do you like them? What do you suggest when you do someone's makeup, especially a bride and they love the final look but don't have a lipstick themselves to match for later? I had bridesmaids last year and used a loreal lipstick and they loved it and I ended up just giving them it haha but can't do that with everyone!

could you please send me that aswell? That would be an amazing help xx

Yes sure - can you pm me your email and I will forward it? I'm sure that there is a way to send it here but I am rubbish I just use my phone, I love the pro palettes and I know that a lot of people decant a small amount of product into a little jar- not something I currently do but think that it is something I will do- at trial the brides always ask what colour/ brand it all is and I usually tell them and they can go away and buy it them-self! My cousin uses lipcote to seal the lips and says it lasts all day! Something for me to try I guess!

Yes sure - can you pm me your email and I will forward it? I'm sure that there is a way to send it here but I am rubbish I just use my phone, I love the pro palettes and I know that a lot of people decant a small amount of product into a little jar- not something I currently do but think that it is something I will do- at trial the brides always ask what colour/ brand it all is and I usually tell them and they can go away and buy it them-self! My cousin uses lipcote to seal the lips and says it lasts all day! Something for me to try I guess!

Fab thanks ! Will pm now.

Never heard of lipcote but going to look into it right now ! I'm always wary of the client not having a lipstick to match the look 🙈👎! I've a few occasion makeups to do soon so won't have trials and want the colour to last as long as possible!

Ps not bridal related but ..

Bought heroine by mac yesterday, applied it at 6pm last night, had dinner, drinking juice etc, woke up with it still on but dark pink, it's still on right now but getting lighter - after all the food and drink and teeth brushing it's still there .. haha !! If that's not a good product then I don't know what is 😍💄!!x

OMG that lipcote is only £3.50! Will definitely get that to try! I guess I won't be trialling it with my new heroine lipstick as that has amazing staying power on it's own 🙈😂 x

Can you forward me on the list please if you don't mind? :)

It would be a lot more cost effective to purchase full sized lipsticks and make your own palette. Also, if they are from MAC, don't forget that for every 6 empty ones you'll get a free one.

I'm building my kit up and I'm going to go with the Mac face and body foundation. Am I right in thinking for now get 2 shades of light pink and yellow and 2 shades of dark in pink and yellow tones? And then one in the middle so I am able to mix to create a correct colour, I don't want to buy ALL of them as it probably pointless for now as I'm just starting my kit. I'm so excited to get started on friends and family and building my portfolio up.
Honest opinions though Mac face and body or illamasqua???
X x x

I'm building my kit up and I'm going to go with the Mac face and body foundation. Am I right in thinking for now get 2 shades of light pink and yellow and 2 shades of dark in pink and yellow tones? And then one in the middle so I am able to mix to create a correct colour, I don't want to buy ALL of them as it probably pointless for now as I'm just starting my kit. I'm so excited to get started on friends and family and building my portfolio up.
Honest opinions though Mac face and body or illamasqua???
X x x
What I did was buy darkest and lightest in pink & yellow and then I got white too for mixing.

I prefer illamasqua but the finish is completely different, so they suit different skin types. Face & body is still a fabulous foundation.

What I did was buy darkest and lightest in pink & yellow and then I got white too for mixing.

I prefer illamasqua but the finish is completely different, so they suit different skin types. Face & body is still a fabulous foundation.

Great stuff :) Thankyou so much for that x x

Latest posts

Back