Male Forever French/Advice Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a dilema which I would much appreciate some points of view on!

I had a man call me yesterday wanting to book in for French gel on his toes and a full set of Forever French nail extensions. I am fine with this, or I think I am. I work from home (although not alone) and have had 2 seperate occasions where I have had a bloke ring me up and be "pleasuring" himself quite vocally, and another telling me he knew I lived in Thornton Le Moors so I am a little apprehensive. I have nothing against carrying out these treatments on a man, and hope that he will feel comfortable enough to continue coming here for his nails. He asked about how long they would last if there were any other options than acrylic so he seemed quite clued up - he also asked in particular for "Forever French". I think he has found me via my website. I just don't know what to think - I cant shake feeling uneasy about the whole thing and don#t know what to do - as far as I can tell it's not a joke either.:rolleyes:

Hello Sara :)

Who will be at home with you if you decide to go ahead with the appointment? If you do decide to take him on, I think it's best to have at least one person within shouting distance 'just in case' iykwim?

I understand your apprehension though, especially as you have had pervs contact you in the past, but as you said, he does seem to know what he wants, and not all men are the same.

At the end, it's up to you babe, go with your gut.

Let us know what you decide :hug:

I, personally cannot see a problem.

When he arrives you will, I am sure, be able to tell if he is genuine. If he isn't you can show him the door.

Although I too have had dodgy phone calls, I have only ever had 2 people come for treatments that bothered me and they were both women. HTH

I think it's very likely this client is transgendered. Could turn out to be a very good client and very loyal. If you are not going to be alone, I don't think there's anything at all to worry about. Let us know how you get on! :hug:

He might turn out to be trans, in which case you shouldn't have a problem. But I would recommend having someone on hand (e.g. husband/boyfriend) in case he does try anything on...

Thanks so much for your replies .

I never thought about my client being transgender. I would feel fine with that but is this still likely if he is using a man's name - as the name he booked under is definatley a man?

Thanks so much for your replies .

I never thought about my client being transgender. I would feel fine with that but is this still likely if he is using a man's name - as the name he booked under is definatley a man?

I don't think you can tell by the name. When I used the term transgendered I guess I meant it as an all-encompassing term which would include transvestites. So the client may only use his female name when he's dressed. I could be completely wrong though! :lol:

I wouldn't have a problem with it....but I'm not you.
If it worries you in any way I think you should express that you are a female only salon. x

I don't think you can tell by the name. When I used the term transgendered I guess I meant it as an all-encompassing term which would include transvestites. So the client may only use his female name when he's dressed. I could be completely wrong though! :lol:

Your potential client may be transgendered, he may be a transvestite, he may be both or neither - I don't think it matters too much what his motivation is as long as he is a decent, respectful person.

I have my nails painted for the same reason, I guess, that most womed do - I just think they look good. If, as a consequence, people want to put me into a 'box' then it really doesn't worry me. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that if you are not alone in the house at the time, and your client knows that, then you won't have a problem. Just normal, sensible safety measures.

:)

Latest posts

Back