Manicure problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau-ty

Reaction score
Had a strange experience last night that's never happed before and totally had me stumped. I was doing my 2nd Luxury manicure of the night so with that I use paraffin wax but its not so much about what I use because I've been using the same products for years nothing any different but when I came to paint her nails (regular polish) it just wouldn't dry. Her hands felt warmer than average before the paraffin wax she said she was taking medication for osteoporosis. It kept getting smudged because it was sticky and gooey I tried to get the topcoat on so I could use a use the solar oil speed dry. She'd never had a manicure before so don't know if it had happened before in the end she left hoping they would eventually dry but I'm sure the minute she caught them they would have been ruined. I felt awful but didn't know the reason. Does anyone know what could have caused this ?

I'm not as experienced as you hun but i was taught not to apply colour polish after paraffin wax just to buff lightly. I was told to much oil in the nails and the polish won't adhere.

Did you wipe the nail with alcohol wipe or nail varnish remover before you applied polish?

Thanks for your replies yes I know it's best not to paint as it's better for the condition of the nails but mostly clients want a paint and I scrubbed with varnish remover as I always do nothing about my procedure was any different with this client as to how I've always done it. I had only done one an hour before there are never any drying issues that's why I'm assuming it had to be a 'client' issue .

I know this is unlikely but could you have put gel polish on by mistake?

Sounds like all the oils where not off her nail plate before you polished. Could she had rubbed her hands together after you scrubbed her nails? I've had clients do this or even run their fingers through their hair and it's caused a problem. I hate to have to answer the phone or turn my back on them at that point in a service. She could have got gum from her pocket or anything and it cause the contamanation.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my VS980 4G using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back