Marketing for the 1st year

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabeebalc

Reaction score
Hi Guy's.

I'm opening my hairdressing salon called "headfirst" in 6 weeks.

I need a bit of help with my marketing strategy for the first 12 months.

I'm planning to make a noise when I open with Newspaper ad's. leaflet drop, promotional offers but thought I ought to think through a few longer term idea's.

Could you help me???

I was thinking in terms of months. Updating my website and directly marketing my existing clients and hoping to attract new clients through marketing and word of mouth.

I thought i'd have promotions like this...

1st Month- Print a 20% off coupon with my newspaper ad and bring it in
2nd month- Bring a friend and get your haircut for 1/2 price
3rd Month- 20% off half head of foils
4th Month- 1 free childs haircut with a full paying adult
5th Month- free prize draw
6th Month- ???
7th Month- ???
8th Month-???
9th Month-???
10th Month???
and so on....
I ran out of ideas!!!

Can you help me fill in the blanks?
Do you think this idea is OK???

Can you help me with any other marketing ideas?

How effective is a website?

I'm only a small salon, 2 full time 1 part time.

And as yet, I haven't got any staff despite advertising in the job centre and local newspaper aswell as the free websites.

HELP!!!!!!!:irked::irked::irked::irked::irked::irked::irked:

thanks
Anna
x

First I would like to congratulate you on not just your new salon but also doing what many people fail to do - planing your marketing :green:!

It will be easier though if you establish over the 12 months what events happen such as xmas, wedding season, mothers day etc. Also pop in your planner the months when there are school hols, expected quiet periods etc.

I would also not advertise in papers unless you do advertorials as they often do not work as you expect and there are far better and more effective and cost effective methods of raising your business profile.

You do not need to offer 'specials' every month. Instead add value to your treatments - like a free hair mask/conditioning treatment or free child cut etc.

Theres lots of threads on here about marketing which are worth a read.

And good luck!!

Kate x

for me most people come through my website as theyve seen my prices etc.. might not be like that for everyone but my website brings me 95% of business.

Latest posts

Back