Marks left from threading?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkish_delight

Reaction score
I have a client who had her upper lip threaded 4-6months ago and has just yesterday complained to a member of staff in the salon that she has been left with permanant "scarring". I have been threading for 8 years and never came across this problem before. I don't know what to make at all from the picture she sent as it's just 2 thin lines on her lip line and I didn't just thread that area. I done the whole upper lip. Also it looks like pigmentation to me? Please help as I am seeing her Wednesday so need quick advice. I will also be ringing insurance for advice but they won't be able to help me as to what it could be etc. I have attached a pic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468101406.147108.jpg

I really wouldn't worry.
Four months is a long time to have elapsed since you performed the service. There's no way she can prove that your threading treatment caused her to have a weird permanent line scar.
If she kicks up a fuss, contact your insurer for advice.
However, don't let them pay her off without further evidence as this will affect your premiums. To be honest, she sounds like a chancer.

Looks like she's sipped on a hot chocolate and not wiped her mouth to me :p

Again as said above it will be hard for to her prove this. I've been having my brows and lip threaded for years, only once have i been left with a 'graze' and there was no mark left. Was a bit tender to the touch and my moisturiser made it sting ect for a couple of days but I have no scarring.

Why would she complain after 4-6 months. Surely you'd say something before then

Threading is simply 'mass plucking'.
The only damage that could occur is if the skin is especially thin,(like under the brow area), it could get caught up, hence why we need to stretch the skin.

Is it possible the 'plucking' has stimulated the melanocytes to create hyper pigmentation?

You could not foresee this, so doubt there would be any case for you to answer.
The client would need to avoid waxing and threading.

Latest posts

Back