Matrix ColorSync mix question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennQ

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with Matrix Colorsync, trying to find my own 'perfect shade'. I want a medium-to-dark brown, with a hint of red. Last time I mixed 1 part 4BR to 1 part 6BR, and it looked great, but was a little too red to give me the more natural look I'm going for, and was maybe a touch darker than I want. This time I'm thinking about mixing 5M and 6BR, but I'm not sure if I should do it in equal proportions, or go a little heavier on the 6BR to make sure the red isn't unnoticable. I've also thought about adding a touch of 4RB to the mix if I decide I need to punch up the red.

Your thoughts on this mix? Any suggestions?

Bump!

Also, I'm not sure why my post was moved here. I'm a licensed Manicurist, and this is a pro product. Is the Hair Geek section reserved for Cosmotologists only? :confused:

It was moved because if youre not a hair pro, we cant advise you on proffessional hair products, just like you cant advise me on how do do my own acrylics
x

If someone asked me what I thought of layering two specific shades of Shellac to achieve a desired look, I don't think I would consider that top-secret information. (Side note: Out here, Cosmetologists are required to know manicuring and skin care as well as hair.)

I didn't realize it was taboo for those outside a specific field to ask professionals for advice on the colors they choose for themselves. If it is, it would seem more appropriate for this thread to be closed, rather than moved.

Thank you for your help.

Latest posts

Back