Men or Women or either

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should i put on my leaflets

"Gay man i dont care what you look like in your paper knickers !!!"

Ya know, that just MIGHT work!!! Tickle potential client's with your humour and straight forward honesty. AND you'll attract the gay clients as well, without targeting a specific group. Know what I mean?

IF (and that's a big if) I ever had the nerve to get spray tanned, then I probably would choose either a female tech older than myself that thinks I look great, OR a gay male. Discriminatory? Maybe, but that would be my comfort zone.
I most definately don't want to get sprayed by someone younger than myself without all the sags and droops LOL
You have to feel good about yourself to be brave enough to "get down to your knickers" and well, while I feel great.. but I don't feel great next to a 20 yr old youngun with her body in her prime. It would make me want to hide mine all that much more.

Yup, I really do think that phrase would be an interesting way to market yourself! AND unique:green:
Humour is a great marketing tool.

hth's

i think that might be my slogan "Gay man i dont care what you look like in your paper knickers !!!"

unless anyone can come up with a better one . . . . . .

i think that might be my slogan "Gay man i dont care what you look like in your paper knickers !!!"

unless anyone can come up with a better one . . . . . .

Gay Guy Beauty Therapist, Im here to help you fake it!!!

Gay Guy Spray Tanner, I dont care that you fake it!!:green:

Gay Guy Beauty Therapist - I can help you fake it!!!!!:green:

HI

Thanks for the help......

. . . . . just my luck to be gay then:lol:

Do you think that they might already assume i'm gay because i'm doing beauty. I know its stereo typical

should i put on my leaflets

"Gay man i dont care what you look like in your paper knickers !!!"

The psychology of all this is fascinating. If you happen to be gay then, presumably, you are perceived as not being a sexual threat to females. Does this then mean that you might be seen as a threat to males. Are all non-gays always a sexual threat to all females? Not at all.

It's all just stereotyping rather than looking at the individual. People often assume that I'm gay because I'm waxed all over and have manicures and pedicures and wear a lot of pink. That doesn't bother me at all - why should it? - but why is it that straight guys are seen as not caring about their appearance?

As for 'baring all' in front of a member of the opposite sex it's never bothered me because I regard my therapists - male or female - in the same category as doctors and nurses but different people have different feelings on the subject.

Whatever! I hope your venture goes well and you get lots of clients who judge you on performance rather than prejudices.

:rolleyes:

Hi all

Ive been Practicing and Practicing my spray tanning and goiong on a course soon so i can get my insurance and go mobile. However i'm nervouse to start advertising incase i get no customers as im a man :rolleyes:.

What do you think, does it matter that i'm a man and women will be scared to get a spray tan off me or do you think i'll get lots of male customers instead and that would be my target audience.

What difference does it really make...you are a male and unless you are prepared to have the op and change who you are you are stuck with what god put you on this earth as.

I think it's great your giving it a go..we certainly could do with many more males in this game.:hug:

I spray about 40 semi naked women a day at show's and they really don't seem to mind stripping off in front of thousands of people let alone me..

I actuall beleive that if you can put them at ease before you spray that some may actually prefer the experiance...the younger ladies are no problem and the older ladies feel very much at ease and some have a right giggle.

Indeed if Andy (Axiom) can also teach intimate waxing what have you got to worry about???

Sometimes I do think there is far to much hype about gender..how many male doctors are out there for goodness sake.

So you are what you are..get out there and win over anyone who isn't sure about you spraying them..forget you are a male..I know that once they get to know you and that you can do the job properly they will also:hug:

I'd be happier in front of a man as I being a woman I know how judgemental women can be - where the men I know would say 'look at the t*ts on that' the women would comment on look at the strech marks, look at how they sag, things like that!

But I probably just know b*tchy girls!

Helen

I completely agree women are too bitchy! I would rather go to a man for all my treatments!

I bet you would judge my lady lumps a lot less than a women! Move up to Scotland and you can be my personal tanner and then learn waxing and you can do my hollywoods aswell cos i hate getting my bits out infront of a woman i feel they are comparing.

Either women are really bitchy where i live or i'm reeeaaallly paranoid!

Looks like im moving to scotland . . its not that far

" come get your scottish spray tan - from a Gay man.....PS im not Gok Wan"

thats my catchphrase

x

Being honest, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but it would probably bother my bf if i was stood naked infront of a guy. I did bodypainting at college where we've had to model for each other, and that was with at least 10 in the room (models & students) at a time, so i've just learnt to get on with it!

If your planning on doing mobile, maybe you could suggest clients have a friend with them in the room (but not facing them if they are shy) so they feel at ease? I do like the idea of the tanning parties though.

Looks like im moving to scotland . . its not that far

" come get your scottish spray tan - from a Gay man.....PS im not Gok Wan"

thats my catchphrase

x

Sold! start house hunting x

The catchphrases just keep getting better.

Seriously though i think your worrying about nothing. You clearly have a good sense of humour and i imagine are great at putting people to ease with it.
Plus there's hardly any men around who do it. Rather than having a hurdle i think you have a golden opportunity.

I discussed this with my mates at the pub last night and of a table of 12 we all said we'd perfer a man. I'm sure there's plenty of men and women in Newcastle who feel the same.

Mwah x (you get a kiss aswell because i think your great)

thanks for all the advice . . . . i do see this as a good opportunity and im sure men and women will be whipping there kit off for me in no time xx

If you look like the bloke on your profile pic, I'd have no problem!! :Grope:

Seriously though, I don't think I would be bothered. I think it's great that you're a bloke though cos I don't think many men have spray tans with women.

xx

Mr Tan Man
I dont think you should have to say your Gay or Straight its no ones business

Rubyx

Logans Cave - News

Latest posts

Back