Mental block on grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHS

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Having a total mental block on getting a clients hair back to Grey.

I use Matrix.
My client who's on holiday and.comes to me every year is 100 % salt and pepper Grey base with over an inch regrowth with a warm 9 to 10 all over. She's wants to get rid of the old warm blonde back to Grey. Her hairdresser back up north says it can't be done but I know it can.

Matrix don't do a Grey range but I can make it With an 1A heavily diluted with an 11 AA BUT with her hair being very warm I'm dreading it giving off a Blue, or being far to dark, I think it's Affinage who do a Gothic Grey range but can't get my hands on any by Wednesday.

The plan is to get her grey base back with tiny thin platinum foils through the top to give that blended look.

The obvious is probably staring me in the face, but can't get my head around it.

Any suggestions please

If she is salt and pepper I would try creating the effect with fine weaves/slices of her natural level and prelightener toned white- depending on how much salt she was compared to pepper. I think an actual grey colour all over would look too solid.

Thanks Adam
She's more pepper than salt, I though that too hence weaving fine white in,
But having the block on how to get the Grey.even over the level 9 to 10 warm blonde would 1A and. 11aa do it? Scared it'll go to dark or have a blue hue

You'd need to get rid of the warmth first, so tone it out as far as you can, I'd be more inclined to use a 10.aa with the 1.a 11 is more alkaline, I've been using 9.1 to get a nice grey recently, I'd do the foils nice & white and maybe foil a 6.1 (a) then all over colour of your ash mixture above :)

If she still has most of her natural dark hair, perhaps you could foil your weaves, and then colour around it with demi to tone down the lengths and ends. If you tint the roots you are going to create warmth and create a regrowth situation... If the highlights can mimic her white hairs as best as possible, then you are just taking the old blonde back down.

Perfect! Thanks guys, I was on the right track.

Kahuna, would you say, inch and a half of 10aa and 1/4 of 1a?

Think the block needs to come out for a colour depth test lol

Perfect! Thanks guys, I was on the right track.

Kahuna, would you say, inch and a half of 10aa and 1/4 of 1a?

Think the block needs to come out for a colour depth test lol
Definatley test it out, I ised more 10 with a dot of the 1 and it was a bit dark on a test piece, I used a blonde extension, it was quite light and clean to begin with, the top of this was 9.1 with a tiny bit of black & the bottom was 10a with a dot of 1.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 36
Ohh that came out near on perfect to what I need. With scattered very fine foils lifted to white I think we have it!

Thank youuuuu ;)

Latest posts

Back