Mermaid pigment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't managed to use it yet.....but I don't do nails full time atm. Will use it next time I do mine. Will see if it will go on normal polish ok x

I NEED MERMAID PIGMENT!!! Would any of you guys say it was like sizzling sand additive? It's a gorgeous shimmer that can go on top of any colour without altering it drastically?x

I NEED MERMAID PIGMENT!!! Would any of you guys say it was like sizzling sand additive? It's a gorgeous shimmer that can go on top of any colour without altering it drastically?x

No, not that I have sizzling sands or seen it other than in photos, but mermaid is really hard to describe. It changes colour depending on what you put it over. On my pink to blue fades, it swapped between green and gold with a sparkle that was impossible to photograph no matter what light I tried it in.

I had a play with other colours, over black it goes between deepest bottle green/amber/gold. Over orange it goes pink and red. Over silver it was most disappointing, just a silver sheen and some sparkle but nothing to write home about. I tried it yesterday over CND Clearly Pink, expecting an almost holo or rainbow effect, instead I got a very unsetting yellowy brown tinge that looked like I smoked 20 cigarettes a day. NOT NICE!!!

You have to brush it flat to get the effect, the particles start to lay flat then you can see their colour changes.

Sadly none of my clients have raved about it either despite me wearing those pink to blue fades for a busy week. They just seemed really uninterested. I showed them the colour pops of it over other colours but still nothing, they dont seem to 'get' it.

Thanks very much. I think I'll order the mermaid pigment too. xx

Is there a way to get the effect with acrylics? I'm just learning still but looks like just the thing I would adore but if it needs to be brushed to get the effect, how to go about that when you only have L&P to work with?

Is there a way to get the effect with acrylics? I'm just learning still but looks like just the thing I would adore but if it needs to be brushed to get the effect, how to go about that when you only have L&P to work with?

You wouldn't get the flat mermaid effect, but you would get the sparkle which is has when you first apply it. I goes on like fine glitter or sugar effect before you flatten it down to its effect

Thank you, Trinity! That's what I thought. I guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait until I learn my way through the L&P and am ready to take on new areas to get the full effect. It's not easy to be so fascinated by shiny things :D

It's not easy to be so fascinated by shiny things :D

Then I grant you full 'Obessed Nail Technician' status, welcome to the gang ;):D

Can you buy mermaid pigment in the UK?

Latest posts

Back