Metal spatulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyWurly1986

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to use metal spatulas for leg waxing. I will double dip with metal spatula to apply the first lot of wax but will then use wooden spatulas after I've started removing the wax.

How many metal spatulas do you think I should have at any one time? I'm thinking 4?

Thanks

Hi CurlyWurly. Can I ask why you are going to use wooden and metal spatulas? If you are going to use wooden spatulas then why are you starting the treatment with a metal spatula?

Sorry I am probably being thick but I am confused?!

[emoji171]

I'll use a metal spatula to lay down the first lot of wax. You can cover more area and quickly using a metal spatula on the legs. Once I've removed wax from that section, if I need to apply more wax then I'd use a wooden spatulas from then on. Does this make sense? x

Not where I live. Wooden throw aways only. Metal spatulas are not allowed. I use a new stick each time I dip .

Why don't you get a roll on system or PhD Safeway? Much quicker than spatulas.

Yes that makes sense.
4 would be good. Where are you getting the metal ones from?

I do exactly what you are talking about. I've got 3 but I don't do much leg waxing mostly intimate. I got one from thalgo but the others from Amazon and they're slightly smaller and I find them easier to use. I just put them in a jug of wax cleaner after use then sanitise.

Yes that makes sense.
4 would be good. Where are you getting the metal ones from?

I've ordered them from The Better Waxing Warehouse. Cheapest I've found for DEO wooden spatulas and the straight metal spatulas. Exactly the same quality as what you'd get elsewhere but cheaper x

I do exactly what you are talking about. I've got 3 but I don't do much leg waxing mostly intimate. I got one from thalgo but the others from Amazon and they're slightly smaller and I find them easier to use. I just put them in a jug of wax cleaner after use then sanitise.

The metal spatulas definitely make the work faster and easier. What do you think about Barbicide? Do you use it for sterilizing some of your items such as tweezers, etc?

The metal spatulas definitely make the work faster and easier. What do you think about Barbicide? Do you use it for sterilizing some of your items such as tweezers, etc?
Yes I use it for tweezers

I've ordered them from The Better Waxing Warehouse. Cheapest I've found for DEO wooden spatulas and the straight metal spatulas. Exactly the same quality as what you'd get elsewhere but cheaper x
I find Beauty Express cheaper for wooden ones but I buy in bulk, 25 boxes then it's cheaper. Also get large cotton pads from there. PR wax strips are the best but expensive.

I find Beauty Express cheaper for wooden ones but I buy in bulk, 25 boxes then it's cheaper. Also get large cotton pads from there. PR wax strips are the best but expensive.

I buy in bulk from medisave.co.uk (search Adult Tongue Depressor) and also get my gloves, couch roll and hand sanitising foam from there too. Free delivery on orders over £99 ex VAT. Bulk pricing for the spatulas drop to £0.86 ex VAT after 20 boxes.

I buy in bulk from medisave.co.uk (search Adult Tongue Depressor) and also get my gloves, couch roll and hand sanitising foam from there too. Free delivery on orders over £99 ex VAT. Bulk pricing for the spatulas drop to £0.86 ex VAT after 20 boxes.
That's interesting, I buy sheets and couch roll from there, will get my spats and gloves too next time!

I have about 10 metal spatulas and 8 large plastic spatulas and always have about 15/20 boxes of wooden disposable . In my opinion you can never have to many spatulas but it depends how busy you are X

Latest posts

Back