Micellar water before lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Does anyone use Micellar water to cleanse the eye area before a lash lift? Is it ok?

I use it before lash extensions as the first step to clean any make up. I prefer it from any normal make remover as it's oil free

Oh fantastic, thank you, I've run out of the lash base one but have an unopened bottle of micellar water so I'll use that thank you [emoji5]️

Oh fantastic, thank you, I've run out of the lash base one but have an unopened bottle of micellar water so I'll use that thank you [emoji5]️
I'll disappoint you a little but it's not as good as Lashbase Primer! I said I use it as the first step, but I always prime afterwards!

Does anyone use Micellar water to cleanse the eye area before a lash lift? Is it ok?
Blossom, I've seen that Simple do an oil free cleanser that is used. I haven't tried it yet as I was using the dermalogica one but think I'll try it next

Blossom, I've seen that Simple do an oil free cleanser that is used. I haven't tried it yet as I was using the dermalogica one but think I'll try it next

I've got the Simple one too. My trainer recommended it rather than buying Lashbase's as it's much better value and still oil-free.

Micellar water will interfere with curing process, read the ingredients on the bottle! Many contain humectants that will raise the moisture levels and negatively effect curing and can cause the glue to appear dull and grainy. Use the appropriate cleansing agent recommended by the lash manufacturer or the quality of your work will be impaired. Follow Frankie Widdows on YouTube, she produces beautiful work.

You may also want to check with your insurers if using non-professional products may have an impact on your policy. If price is a problem, put your prices up, don't use inferior products.

Last edited:
Micellar water will interfere with curing process, read the ingredients on the bottle! Many contain humectants that will raise the moisture levels and negatively effect curing and can cause the glue to appear dull and grainy. Use the appropriate cleansing agent recommended by the lash manufacturer or the quality of your work will be impaired. Follow Frankie Widdows on YouTube, she produces beautiful work.

You may also want to check with your insurers if using non-professional products may have an impact on your policy. If price is a problem, put your prices up, don't use inferior products.
This is before lash lifting, not extensions

Oh bugger, think l need to put my glasses on!

I that case I would recommend reading up on fatty-acid esters and how they react with the chemicals you are using. Email the manufacturers, it's the only way to get a definitive answer instead of the "a lady once told me," school of science.

Oh bugger, think l need to put my glasses on!

I that case I would recommend reading up on fatty-acid esters and how they react with the chemicals you are using. Email the manufacturers, it's the only way to get a definitive answer instead of the "a lady once told me," school of science.
I will email my insurers to make sure but was told on my training course that any non oily make up remover will suffice.
It's not so much the price just quick availability and p&p for just one item!
Thanks for your reply

Latest posts

Back