Microblading removal/lightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaLolaLola

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently qualified in Microblading and was working on a good friend of mine (Luckily)......at the weekend and somehow I have lost my lines and gone a bit too thick on her brows. Is there ANYTHING I can do to help fasten up the lightening process or lift the pigment faster.

I have spoken with my tutor and her advise has been to just wait the 4 weeks until I can start work on her 2nd session top up and correct anything at that stage.

I have been doing some research and have seen that NOT following the aftercare routine is a good way to start to help the pigment not take and also the suggestion of retinol cream for a few weeks once healed?

Help! I don't want my friend to have bad brows and want to help as much as I can, as even though hey are not that bad...she is not happy with them as they are a bit thicker that what she would be used to.

Thanks Lola

I would follow the tutor's advice and leave them. I would still get her to follow aftercare until healed - pigment colour can be altered before full healing takes place and may even look worse. The body can reject the pigment and fade a lot, so you may not have much to worry about. Poor strokes are better flushed out as soon as they are done. Microdermabrasion and peels can soften the colour but remember the skin has just been cut to the basement membrane and further treatments may cause hyperpigmentation and irritation. There are professional microblading removal treatments out there - so best leave it to someone suitably proficient in them if she really needs a removal treatment.

I would follow the tutor's advice and leave them. I would still get her to follow aftercare until healed - pigment colour can be altered before full healing takes place and may even look worse. The body can reject the pigment and fade a lot, so you may not have much to worry about. Poor strokes are better flushed out as soon as they are done. Microdermabrasion and peels can soften the colour but remember the skin has just been cut to the basement membrane and further treatments may cause hyperpigmentation and irritation. There are professional microblading removal treatments out there - so best leave it to someone suitably proficient in them if she really needs a removal treatment.

Thank you for your advice, it is much appreciated...they have lightened/faded a lot since I posted, as I knew they would. So hopefully it will all be fine. She has oily skin also, so I think this has helped too.

Latest posts

Back