Microsoft works

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Hoping someone may be able to help me!!

I have designed my client consultation form on microsoft works really pleased with it but my printer is dead so i emailed it to my mum to print off so but she couldnt open the file so sent to my friend and she couldnt open the file either!! Any ideas what im doing wrong? They both have microsoft works on their laptops so im really unsure what i have done wrong:rolleyes:

Do they definately have Microsoft Works? Are they different versions e.g. is yours Microsoft Works 2009 and theirs Microsoft Works 2006 or something?

I know this has caused a problem when I've been trying to do coursework before :eek:

As mentioned you need to check what program and Version they are using.

Once you know this, when you save the document you should have a drop down box named, save as type.
Look down the options and see if their program/Version is listed.
If not you could save it in a format which both programs can use, but some formatting could be lost, such as layout, borders etc.

If really stuck, download a free print to PDF program. This installs as a printer, then when you print your document you can select PDF printer as the printer type. A PDF document is then created, very useful for sending info. generally anyway. Then send the PDF and your mother/friend who will be able to open it and print...

Good luck...

You could also try saving to a file format such as RTF (Rich Text Format), this should be compatible with both MS Works and MS Word, as well as other software such as OpenOffice etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, I agree with previous poster....try saving it to rich text format. I done this when I took a cd of my work into college, it was the only way it would open up on their computers xx

Latest posts

Back