millenium nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma's nails

Reaction score
i have a mixture of polishes which i use including creative, star nails, maybelline, l'loreal, NYC etc etc. i want to be able to convert to one brand eventually which i can not only use, but retail too, but at the moment (as some will understand) i cannot afford to do this and just need to get as many colours together as possible to use on clients.

i use creative sticky and 2 coats of out the door top coat all the time which seems to keep any type of varnish looking good for a couple of weeks.

does anyone use millenium nail polishes and what are they like. they seem to have so many colours and are a fraction of the cost and also come with a stand. i was thinking that maybe i should use these, as the display will look good all being the same make and then i can still offer lots of colours without having 50 different shaped bottles and brands.

advice please.

Two points Emma...why Out the Door? good for a particular situation but not for every day...not great for french, tends to cause hairline (paving) cracking much better with Super Shiney....which brings me to next point....why all the different brands?????????? you are already using Stickey base coat because presumably you are enjoying the quality of the product, you also have Creative enamels, you also have Out the Door available from Designer Nails (creative) why not stick to a quality product that you are already using anyway? In terms of colours, don't know exactly how many they offer, but know that I have over 100 colours in the salon and still don't have all the range that I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D Hi

out of the polishes you have which do like using the most?

It is worth remembering that for retail you need a professional range that beats what your clients can buy in boots or the supermarket

fiona wallace said:
Two points Emma...why Out the Door? good for a particular situation but not for every day...not great for french, tends to cause hairline (paving) cracking much better with Super Shiney....which brings me to next point....why all the different brands?????????? you are already using Stickey base coat because presumably you are enjoying the quality of the product, you also have Creative enamels, you also have Out the Door available from Designer Nails (creative) why not stick to a quality product that you are already using anyway? In terms of colours, don't know exactly how many they offer, but know that I have over 100 colours in the salon and still don't have all the range that I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i use out the door because it dry's quickly and lasts well. i havn't tried super shiney. i suppose beacause out the door is the only top coat i've brought and been very happy with i havn't felt the need to try any others. it was also recommended to me by another nail tech.

i've been doing nails for the last year and have spent a fortune on products and training. its come to the point where i just cannot afford to buy anything other than the essentials. i've spent the last 2 weeks stocking up on things because next week i start renting a table (another thread) and have had to pay for a desk, chairs, etc etc. i'm also a full time mum, and money just seems to be minimal at the moment.

the only thing i am missing is colours. i only have about 8 creative (1 pink 1 red 1 brown etc etc), the rest i bought last year before i did the training, here and there (thats why theres a mixture). i am happy with creative, its just i want to be able to offer a variety of colours to clients. i looked at millenium because i use there files and a few other bits n bobs which seem to be good value and quality, and today i noticed that their polishes were only £?. i guess i thought that maybe i could get more for less, and it would look better if a client wants a certain colour i would have it - that way i could have them all matching from the same company and ditch the rest,

i'm just a bit worried that it'll put people off if i cant offer them the colour that they wanted. and i just cannot afford to buy creative now.

i personnaly have tried millenium varnishes and didnt rate them at all - i found that you need 100 coats (bit of an exageration there) to equal 2 of creative varnishes - if i were you pet id spend that bit extra and get decent varnishes that you know have a good rep, and are quality and you know will last - when i used millenium they chipped, peeled etc etc - this is only my own personal opinion tho - if you dont want to use creative varnishes - opi have good varnishes too and you can get them from sallys

When a client does request a certain colour then tell them you are out of stock as it is so popular but you can order it in for them, then order two of them one for you a nd one for them that way the client is paying for the colours and your not having to find the cash. This way you can build up your collection of polishes.

HTH

scattyfox said:
When a client does request a certain colour then tell them you are out of stock as it is so popular but you can order it in for them, then order two of them one for you a nd one for them that way the client is paying for the colours and your not having to find the cash. This way you can build up your collection of polishes.

HTH

that's a really great idea!!

i like creative polish the best. has nice coverage, not too high priced, and lasts a while without getting goopy.

if you're wanting to get some at a lower price, look on ebay for lots of whatever brand of polish you want. a lot of auctions have free shipping (p&p?)

i understand. maybe i could buy a few more creative and use my old ones for my kids nail parties rather than throwing them out

Peter Pan said:
- opi have good varnishes too and you can get them from sallys

And so can your clients!

Personally i don't retail anything they can get from the wholesalers or QVC. I prefer the more exclusive brands that stay loyal to professionals. For me thats creative.

i think the attitude range of polish by star nails is the best budget buy, much better product than you would expect for the price. however, i wouldnt be too worried about having hundreds to choose from, as if your clients are anything like mine, very few will want polish, most prefer pink and white enhancements and there arent that many manis or polished sets.

Latest posts

Back