Mixing Additive/nail shadows with acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiepromises

Reaction score
Hey geeks!
Sorry if it's been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer. I've tried to mix some additive with clear acrylic (cnd l&p) and I think I'm mixing really well, however, when I pick up a pearl it looks odd? Like tiny bits of the additive have stuck together? When placed on the nail bed, it doesn't seem to go very well, the colour seems to separate from the acrylic? Am I doing something wrong? Can they be mixed with acrylic? I've also tried with the new irresistible nail shadows and having no joy. I would love to be able to do a Fluro tip french style. Please can anyone help? I'm using no more than 30% ratio too. 😔

I forgot to add , I mix glitter fine with them and never encountered a problem?

As you're using the correct ratio, the only thing I can suggest is make sure the additive is ground right down to an extra fine consistency, as sometimes they tend to "clump" up making it difficult to mix.

xx

Thanks! Do cnd do coloured acrylic? I was looking at some young nails stuff and they seen to have a lot more options?

I use a mortar and pestle to mix the additives with the powder

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh! I will try a more thorough mixing technique! Thanks guys x

Latest posts

Back