Mixing tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachd

Reaction score
Hi I'm trained in nouvatan and we was never told about mixing tans. I'm quite happy to do this. At the moment I have 8% 10% and 12%
Could I get some info from people on mixing lotions and what about rapid tan the 20%?

To mix equal amounts of different percents of the same brand like Nouvatan
(*not different brands as they may contain different ingredients & there is no way to know how they may react if mixed) you would add together the 2 percents and divide the answer by 2 to get the new percent:

8% + 12% / 2 = 10%
8% + 20% / 2 = 14%
12% + 20% / 2 = 16%
20% + 10% /2 = 15%

Hope that explains it.

Thanks for your reply. I wish they told us this at training as I ran out of 10 and could of used 8% and 12% so as long as equal amounts it fine. Been thinking of buying the 20% as some like a tan a bit faster.

Thanks for your reply. I wish they told us this at training as I ran out of 10 and could of used 8% and 12% so as long as equal amounts it fine. Been thinking of buying the 20% as some like a tan a bit faster.
Hi did you train at the Nail and Beauty academy in Aberdeen ? they do there own generic spray tan course using our products. It is not a Nouvatan training Course... mixing of solution is nt something we train to be honest. and a mixing chart is not in the training manual. Its just something that i have posted about on geek, and something our in house trainers are aware of.
As a result of reading this post.I have realised it isnt something that we have communicated very well to outside training schools that use our products. However it is a great advantage of using Nouvatan that it is all the same guide colour and same fragrance hence it is mixable and you can cover the whole range with less purchases
As a result of this we will printing off a mixing table next and sending it to all our exterior trainers and we will include it in next version of our training manual.

Interesting topic and I have heard about mixing tans before but is this just possible with Nouvatan or can any brand be mixed (with the same brand?)

I use Sienna X and they told me categorically that their solutions should not be mixed. I couldn't think of any reason why except that they want to sell more solution?

Any thoughts?

Thanks. x

Interesting topic and I have heard about mixing tans before but is this just possible with Nouvatan or can any brand be mixed (with the same brand?)

I use Sienna X and they told me categorically that their solutions should not be mixed. I couldn't think of any reason why except that they want to sell more solution?

Any thoughts?

Thanks. x
I cant see that Mixing would affect the amount of sales. it certainly has nt with us. if your doing 30 tans a week..your using a litre. weather it be a 8 10 12 14 16 % solution the amount is still one litre.
We have found it an advantage as we dont have to make up much 14 or 16 as people just purchase a 20% rapid tan and mix it up themselves with lower strengths. Our Guide colour is just that a Guide colour and it reflects the colour of the developed 8% tan when applied once all over the body the tan then develops under the guide colour going darker.
Because the guide colour and fragrance is the same throughout the range. there is no issues.

Yes it was at the academy and we used nouvatan solution and they recommended this over other solutions.

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Where I was getting at re: sales is that I had a call from my Sienna rep seeing if I needed more product and I said that I was low on 10% but that I had plenty of 8% & 12% so I could mix that up. That's when I was told it couldn't be mixed and was merrily sold 3 litres of 10%.

I'm a mug aren't I ?!

X

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Where I was getting at re: sales is that I had a call from my Sienna rep seeing if I needed more product and I said that I was low on 10% but that I had plenty of 8% & 12% so I could mix that up. That's when I was told it couldn't be mixed and was merrily sold 3 litres of 10%.

I'm a mug aren't I ?!

X
I dont know about if sienna is mixable. all i know is ours is. We would of told you to mix it as you can see from this thread
We are no longer a small company. but some of the really big companies have big overheads,larger premises,constantly advertising and even bigger wage bills all reps have to meet there quota etc
we are a family concern and were doing well enough to tell our customers they can mix it up themselves

I mix my sienna all the time! Never heard the likes! Xx

Latest posts

Back