Mobile eyelash extensions/humidity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Malcolm

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
So I’ve recently qualified in classic extensions and have looked into renting a room however it’s way too expensive in my area. I don’t have a spare bedroom to turn into a lash room and have currently been doing my models and friends from my front room. My only option at the moment is to go mobile until I’ve built up a clientele and then could afford to rent a room.
What I’m worried about is humidity anc temperatures. I’ve seen posts where people have advised to bring a hydrometer. So I have a hydrometer already, my question if anyone can help is. If I get to someone’s home and my hydrometer says the humidity and temp are too high or low then what do I do? I know with temp that’s something you can adjust.,pop a window open or turn the heating on but what about humidity?

You could patch test your clients for 2 different glues one slower and one faster, if the humidity is really high and you find you glue is curing too quickly you can use the slower one. Or if it’s the other way round and too slow due to lower humidity you could use the faster one.
I’m my current salon I have really high humidity most of the year so I use a slower adhesive, I currently use flirties expert, when the humidity in my room is lower I use flirties ultra.
Hope this helps a little, being mobile can be hard work, make sure you take a lamp too so you can see what you’re doing especially now it’s darket, some houses don’t have good lighting x

I agree with Bonkers and it could work well to have the two adhesives. Also if you use the little vials then you know you always have a fresh adhesive at hand so there is not going to be an issue with storage etc. Once you get to know your clients room it might get easier as temperature and humidity are in relation to each other so you might be able to ask clients to put the heating on before you get there or leave a door open etc and with experience you also get used to the way the adhesive works and you can use a slightly larger or smaller amount to counteract any fluctuations x

Thank you I will defo do that it sounds a great idea :)

Latest posts

Back