Mobile eyelash technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charhawk

Reaction score
I’m just starting out with eyelash extensions and I’m going to be doing it mobile for a while. How does everyone do it? What bags are the most suitable for taking your equipment everywhere? And what chair do you use, etc? Has anyone got any tips?

Hey, personally found travelling with eyelashes really hard. I would always take my couch and my equipment, my couch had handles on so easy to carry. And kept my kit in a roo Beauty bag. I never took a chair as carrying everything in was difficult, and clients are always reluctant to help you. So I would use a dining room chair and stick a cushion on if I found it wasn’t quite at the right height for me. I have since however stopped doing mobile lashes, but you are guaranteed to grow a large client base with this treatment mobile. Just make sure you are charging a travel fee and get a strict cancellation policy in place. Good luck :) x

Hey, personally found travelling with eyelashes really hard. I would always take my couch and my equipment, my couch had handles on so easy to carry. And kept my kit in a roo Beauty bag. I never took a chair as carrying everything in was difficult, and clients are always reluctant to help you. So I would use a dining room chair and stick a cushion on if I found it wasn’t quite at the right height for me. I have since however stopped doing mobile lashes, but you are guaranteed to grow a large client base with this treatment mobile. Just make sure you are charging a travel fee and get a strict cancellation policy in place. Good luck :) x

Thank you for your lovely reply, what bed did you have? Was it wooden or aluminium? I’m struggling to find one that isn’t too heavy, I’ve had a look at some second hand ones and I just feel like they’re not suitable to go mobile with as they are huge! Are they all the same size? X

Hi

I’m just starting out doing mobile lashes and find it a struggle!

My supposedly lightweight bed is heavy and awkward to carry. I use a beauty trolley on wheels that I also use when I do nails and find it all fits in except for my light which I have to carry separately. If I have to park any distance from the client or it’s in a block of flats it’s a nightmare to manoeuvre it all!!

Also setting it all up takes time which some clients don’t allow for in their times.

When I can change over my home insurance to work from home I will as I find I don’t advertise mobile lashes as much knowing the struggle.

Hope that helps x

Thank you for your lovely reply, what bed did you have? Was it wooden or aluminium? I’m struggling to find one that isn’t too heavy, I’ve had a look at some second hand ones and I just feel like they’re not suitable to go mobile with as they are huge! Are they all the same size? X

I have a wooden couch that I got from eBay. Think I paid £50. Has adjustable legs. I’d go with cheap and cheerful if I were you as it gets bashed up pretty easily. I think mine is just standard size. It’s definitely not huge x

Latest posts

Back