Mobile or rent a table??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alicia2810

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted some advice really. Ive been a nail technician for about 5 years now and have worked in a busy salon the whole time, but i want to go it alone. I didnt really know whats the best option, to go mobile and build up a clientelle or rent a table somewhere. Im used to workin long hours being back to back with clients so i know its going to be hard initially and take some building up but i didnt really know where to start.....Please help :confused:

x

I'm just starting out myself, Ive contacted women's groups ie slimming worlds / women's gyms around my area offering 10% off till Christmas, they gave out my leaflets and put posters up for me, think you ll be surprised how fast your little enterprise grows x:lol:

Ahhh thats great thanks. And are you just mobile then?

You can do both! If you rent space in a salon, there is nothing to stop you doing mobile as well. It is a hell of a lot easier to build up a clientele in a salon, as there are more potential clients around. If you feel like coming to Chislehurst, I'm looking for a table renter!

my personal choice would be to rent a table.
you can have more control over your work environment that way.
eg good lighting and seating, no distractions from family and home for the client, no dogs, no smoking, and all those other things that the mobile techs have to put up with.

I think both would be great, gives you the taste of both worlds,Im sure the clients you get in the salon would love to hear your mobile too.:)

Latest posts

Back