Models

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatCas

Reaction score
Its fair to say I am still a new nail tech and am trying to get as much experience as I can.
I want to start offering gel extensions, I did train in this but haven't done much with it since then so to build my confidence I am going to ask for models. My question is do you charge models a highly reduced rate or do they expect the service for free?

I am in the same boat! I recently started offering £10 extensions but they didn't least and I felt awful and constantly going back and repairing was so soul destroying! I think when my confidence is back up again I'd do a few for free to gauge how long they are lasting and then offer a discounted rate

If i was you i would always charge at a discounted rate...as I find if it's so thing done for free people don't look after or mind it...i know there gels and there isn't any minding but I'm sure you get what I'm saying...never cut yourself short. It will cost you to do these nails so work out your costs and add on even a 5er.

I was lucky that I got a job In a salon straight after I down my course and they brought models In For me for a solid week till I was up to there standard. They charged half there normal rate. And I had a manager check every set before they left the salon and check them during the application.

And try do your models not to far apart as once you get into the hang of it you will get better. I had a week of alot of models and after that I was doing normal clients at a normal price.

If i was you i would always charge at a discounted rate...as I find if it's so thing done for free people don't look after or mind it...i know there gels and there isn't any minding but I'm sure you get what I'm saying...never cut yourself short. It will cost you to do these nails so work out your costs and add on even a 5er.

I was lucky that I got a job In a salon straight after I down my course and they brought models In For me for a solid week till I was up to there standard. They charged half there normal rate. And I had a manager check every set before they left the salon and check them during the application.

And try do your models not to far apart as once you get into the hang of it you will get better. I had a week of alot of models and after that I was doing normal clients at a normal price.

Thank you, I understand what you are saying completely, it costs so much to set up, need to start recouping these even if i'm not making anything yet. I am mobile so unfortunately nobody to check when I am finished but I am very critical of my own work, I won't start charging full price until I am 100% happy that I can do a flawless set in a an appropriate appointment time.

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you, I understand what you are saying completely, it costs so much to set up, need to start recouping these even if i'm not making anything yet. I am mobile so unfortunately nobody to check when I am finished but I am very critical of my own work, I won't start charging full price until I am 100% happy that I can do a flawless set in a an appropriate appointment time.

Thanks for your reply.
Well best of luck with it anyways I'm sure you will fly it once you get the hang of it :) x

Latest posts

Back