MS & massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahwellness

Hannahwellness
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Hope you are all well!
I was wondering your thoughts.
I have had a new client email me looking for a therapist to have regular treatments off. She has said that she has MS but not 'advanced' and was diagnosed 18 months ago. She has recently moved into the area. So massage is really good for MS however, would you guys ask for a doctors note prior to treatment? The majority of the therapists I have asked have stated no and you can work around it to suit her needs but want to get your guys opinions. I asked her if her doctor has okayed to have massage and she said yes. She is fine about me sending a letter to her doctor too but just wanted to know if I ever have a walk in appointment of someone who has this?
Thank you in advance x

As far as I’m aware MS isn’t a contraindication to massage and as you said is known to be beneficial for sufferers. However if you’re concerned give your insurance company a call to clarify however don’t be surprised if they ask for a doctors letter simply because they always want to cover themselves.

Latest posts

Back