much demanded chocolate biscuit cake recipe!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliejayne

Reaction score
As I said to the geeks on the night, this is the only thing I learnt in school that I remember! Its a bit too rich for me and I dont really like sweet stuff but eveyone who tasted it liked it. (maybe they were just being polite!)

You will need:
1 packet of plain digestive biscuits, golden syrup, cocoa powder, butter, 1 big bar of white chocolate, 2 big bars of milk chocolate- (cooking chocolate or normal chocolate is fine)

1. You need to crush up 12-16 biscuits. I do it by putting them into a plastic food saver bag and battering with a rolling pin (at this point it helps to have an ex boyfriend to think about) do this until its all crumbs.

2. Melt 50g butter (I do it in the microwave) and mix with the biscuit crumbs in a bowl.

3. Add to the mixture 4 table spoons of golden syrup and 3 of cocoa powder and mix in. It should be really thick and sticky and dough-like.

4. Put the mixture into the bowl you're serving it in and press it down with a spoon until its flat.

5. Melt the white chocolate (I do it in a bowl over a pan of boiling water) and then pour it in the bowl on top of your mixture and smooth it out with the back of a spoon untill its in one flat layer.

6. Melt the milk chocolate and then spread it over the white chocolate. Then with a fork swirl the chocolate around in circles very carefully and it should bring a bit of the white chocolate to the surface and make a swirly pattern (you dont have to do this bit but it looks nice!)

7. Leave in the fridge until the chocolate has set.

8. enjoy!!!

Sounds heavenly

It's gorgeous :lick:

Really rich and ideal for those chocoholic days :wink2:

Thanks Hol

Now I have to appologise here, I am a self confessed PIG!

I think that I would be very tempted to add chopped up marshmallows in the final stage - OR not put the choc on top to set, but add a HUGE pile of whipped double cream and pile high with fresh raspberries and strawberries YUMYUM

Sorry to but in, couldn't resist :biggrin:

what did you have to go and tell me that for:Scared: i am on a blasted diet!!

Sounds gorgeous ! Something for me to look forward to making.

hmmm bet my little one would like to be Chief Spoon Licker too !!

Thanks for that

Amb x

I made this when I was at school!! Its lovely and sweet:lick: , but very fattening! Might have to have a go at making it though.....

Holly...do you know the recipe or remember Chocolate Splodge that you used to get at school...i used to love that but havent a clue how you make it..i am gonna do this one with me girls later...thanks xx

sorry angie dont know that one! sounds...well...splodgy!!

Glad you liked it trin and hope the rest of you do too! I dread to think how many calories are in it! x x

Thanks Hollie

Sounds a bit complex for my culinary skills .......... would be easier if you just knocked one up and nipped it round!!:)

thanks for posting Hollie

its totally yummio :)

Jess
xox

Suzie.e said:
Thanks Hollie

Sounds a bit complex for my culinary skills .......... would be easier if you just knocked one up and nipped it round!!:)

Yeah right! it honestly only takes 20 mins to make x x

thanks for that hollie!! i made some last night - its in the fridge chilling till i get home tonight and eat it lol xx

Latest posts

Back