my first client and im petrified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
i have just booked my first paying client :eek: and im really nervous but i have got to start somewhare. i had a great week at k,sa,ra so im feeling a llittle more confident. does anyone have any advice on combating the jitters ?:Scared:

Well Kalchis,

your right we all have to start somewhere! Regarding your first client all you need to do is at least show that you are confident in what your doing. Even if you become a little flustered. The thing is, is that your client has got faith in you so you should have faith in yourself.

If you do make any mistakes try not to react to it and put it right, the chances are that even if you do make a mistake the client may not even notice.(unless she is a Nail Tech herself!) This gives you chance to put thing right.

Lets face it you know you can do it.
Show that you're confident and your client will have confidence in you!
Once that happens you'll feel so much better about things.
Believe me I've been there too and so has every nail tech.
Go for it!!!!!
Hope this helps.
Jules:biggrin:

kalchis said:
i have just booked my first paying client :eek: and im really nervous but i have got to start somewhare. i had a great week at k,sa,ra so im feeling a llittle more confident. does anyone have any advice on combating the jitters ?:Scared:

Hi, is k,sa,ra just nailart or are you doing other services?

kalchis said:
Just go for it! You have got to start somewhere:eek: !! The first time is always the hardest - good luck:biggrin:

You'll be fine babe, We all have gone through it. :Love:

Just Relaxlol

kalchis said:
Hi, you will be fine just keep smiling and don't watch the clock, make it fun for you and her have a laugh. we all have to start some where and once you've done one you'll feel really great and probably wont be able to wait for the next one, just enjoy it you'll look back in a year's time and think how silly was I,Good Luck happy buffing love Angie x:biggrin:

Hi

Just wanted to say good luck and enjoy yourself.

hi nailfairy
k,sa,ra do everything, i have studied acrylic, gel, fiiberglass, silk, airbrush, nail polish, nail art, pedicure, and manicure, so i
lots of stuff to make my brain ache :biggrin: rachel is a great teacher and made it all make sence even to me who had never touched a nail before so im pleased i learnt all systems

a very big thankyou to everyone for the comments

You've had training from one of the best so now put all that good work into practice..!! :biggrin:

You'll do great..!

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck :hug:

First client is a bit of a hurdle, but we've all been there - you can do it !!!

Dont be nervous honey, you know you can do it, im proud of you! Your nails were great (first gel set and after 3 glasses of wine!!........ i have to add this was at home one evening and not in my training room!!) and my hands still feel great after a lovely manicure! (ta very much!)

Just be yourself, enjoy it, and if in doubt..................... write the word "PRIMER" on a post it note!!!!!! (sorry private joke!!)

haha thanks rachel, i ws just going through my case trying to have a few few everything and after a tip from lisa i have attached a prima pen to my acrylic brush and my gel brush with elastic bands.
everyone has commented on my nails so i think what i need to do in future is have 3 glasses of wine before each set and always do them by candle light,
i hope the set on my client go ok os im keeping my fingers crossed.................................. :eek:

Latest posts

Back