My husband was my model, pics of 1st time sculpts. LOOK!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy121060

Supporting breast cancer
Reaction score
Bless him. My husband STEVE offered to be my model as I need to try Sculpts. But he made sure he was facing the TV to watch the football.
So please take a look at my pics in the gallery under ''main'' there are about 5 pics.
Or look in my gallery on my website (last 6 pics)
Thanks
Sherry

OMG what beautiful hands your Steve has, he could be a hand model! Sculpt looks good, could just bring the sides in a tad, great first effort, and what a sport he is!

Its okay the nail, but needs to be brought in on the sides a little, as was said before. I also think the white is a little deep, but other than that it looks good.

well done they look lovely , a little tweaking here and there like has been said before, but sherry they are lovely
you shouldnt have a downer on yourself ( noticed from other posts) you CAN do lovely nails, your steve is a right good sport to do that for you , and you have a beautiful voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what more do you need?????????!!!!!!!
well done hun xxxx:Love:

Thanks.
I DO see that now. Does need to come in a little.
Always best to get another persons eye over your work isnt it? They can see things your missing.
Sherry

i think youve done a bleedin good job...and what gorgeous hands your hubby's got great for practising on.......your doing really well

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!
My hubby is even picking faults now Hee Hee Hee.
He says 'Mmm I think the one side is a little thicker than the other I can feel it' Although down the barrel shot looks even'ish. Well I did ask for honest opinion hee hee.
Sherry

They are looking great Sherrie... your Steve is a good egg for letting you practice on him isnt he? What a star!

Not long now huh until your Foundation course... I bet you are soooo excited.

No, not long, 10 days and counting. And thanks to all you geeks for helping me along the way and being so supportive and helping with honest comments and helpful hints.
I'm ready and willing now ready to go.
And Steve thought I was going to do all his nails, I will leave it for a day or so and have another go on the next finger. Should be interesting to see if anyone comments when they see his nail. He works in a real estate office Hee Hee
Sherry

Now come on, you really cannot stop at just one nail!!!
A full set please!!

Very good, I tried sculpting with NSI's gel on my nail trainer, I used the sculptor gel and builder blush, is that what you used?

I think my problem was fitting the form, I noticed you use the silver horseshoe forms, that's the one I tried, and from looking at your picture, I am making the form come to too much of a point.

What great sports our hubbies and partners are, my partners a fireman, rough "work" hands with huge flat nail beds,,,,,,,,unlike your hubby's,,,they are gorgeous,,,,would you like to hire him out?

Christine

I think they look quite good, extremely good to be your first. Your hubby was great to help you out this way, and he's got very good nails :) Keep up the good work!

OMG Christine. Go easy on me, it took me ages to that ONE hee hee hee.
I think I'm gonna hire him out, any ideas how much is the going rate.

And Prionace, we were in Portugal last week, in Albufiera, Hotel Cerro Alagoa.
Shame we didnt know you then we could have met up.
Never mind.
Sherry

I'm now usiong my hubby as advertising. When we go out and start talking nails my hubby gets his hand dragged across the table for inspection.
I had a pedicure at a salon today and she did a really good job. the lady who owns the salon only does Acrylic and was really intested in the knowledge I have of nail enhancements. I think I may see if she will give me a go once ive done my Creative course (7 days to go). She saw hubbys sculpt and was impressed.
Fingers crossed.
Sherry

Fingers croseed for you hun! Your nails are fab!

Thanks Sassey. I'm getting more confident now with the standard of work i/m producing and even more so now I know im going to start from the begining doing the Brisa foundation just to go through the motions of what I already know, but I need professional confirmation that ive never had before. But saying that the geek site has been my mentor. And given me the push I needed.
You say in your profile that you were priviliged to be taught by.............. and it doesnt say anymore. Who were you taught by?
Sherry

I know I waffled on too much and ran out of words ... well who else would I be priviliged to be trained by ... Geeg of course!!

I'm really jealous, your hubby's nails and hands are better than mine!!!

Wow lucky you, but you already had training didnt you. So it was not so nerving right?
I'm going with NO training at all, I suppose that is not a bad thing.
Ive just done a LOT of practicing, reading, hours on this site and help from people like you and OH yes I bought Gigi's book. But I am gonna make the most of it.
Sherry

You are getting a great start, so you go for it girl. Its good to have a very supportive hubby and geeks on here. If it wasn't for this iste i would've given up months ago.:D

Well I went through a stage where I didnt think I was good enough. But Ive seen so many bad jobs on people, even people on holiday over here, and been to salons that dont even follow simple health and sanitary procedures that with the BIG help from all the geeks on here I decided to go for it.
I know now that I can make a difference. The buzz I get when someone goes away with a transformation. (not that I do many) I'm hoping to get a job in a salon and go from there.
My hubby is a good sport. I love him dearly. He would do anything for me.
Sherry.

Latest posts

Back