My opening day tommorow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi all i cant believe my opening day is tommorow..

im really panicking:cry:

ive been rushing around so didnt check my internet and today i realised it wasnt on even though company said it was on two weeks ago..:mad:
so il have to bring appointment book tommorow..
cash register doesnt work with my pc cant change it to monday:rolleyes:

also i acually decided not to rent to the girl who was making demands as my gut feeling told me not to... so hope i made the right decision but i had a really bad feeling about it.. and will now use it for spray tanning as its more private...

im happy with rest of staff though..

wont be doing tans till next week but will give out coupons for it..

do you think this sounds ok?
1.£3.00 discount off spray tans if they have a coupon is a good deal... they have to use in 28 days..
2.£ 3.00 off spray tans when they get their hair done... and to be used in 28 days

Just wanted to say all the very best for tomorrow, I was in the same position as you 3 years ago xxxx:hug:

Yes I think your vouchers sound fine. I'm so glad you decided not to rent that room out, you can always do it later if you want to and like you I thought she was going to be nothing but stress and trouble for you.
If I didn't have hair and diet appointments booked for the middle of the day tomorrow I'd come down to cheer you on.
But I have so, I'll wish you the very best of luck for tomorrow and all your tomorrows. Don't forget to take photo's, and put them in your album on here. We'd all love to see your place and you'll want the memories to look back on :hug::hug:

Hi Hun,
Very best wishes for tomorrow.
Hope it continues to flourish for you.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: :hug: :hug: x x x

thanks.. abit fustrated about a things not done... i also decide the salon will close tuesday as i was going to close on monday like alot of salons but decided against it as wanted to be open when others are closed but if im honest with myself i cant physically cope with a full 6 day week but i dont wont to leave staff on ther own in the beginning..
and it will be easier to add the tuesday then take it off later..

but im feel quite relieved im not renting to her as i feel she would have been alot of stress and dont wont to add any on i dont need:irked:

im soooo excited about tommorow and scared il just be sitting there but im prepared to so alot of advertising to get people to know its re-opened etc so hopefully fingers crossed it does pick up in the next few weeks :)

il update everyone tommorow il either be :cry: or :) wohoooooo

Last edited:
Hope it went well and you enjoyed it!
vouchers great idea and key things are your passion and your staff which sounds like you have got right :)
all the hard work will definitely pay off and there are always little 'problems' to add to our stresses when opening....
Best of luck with it all
Melissa

Well I think the weather has been kind, not wet so people stay home and not so hot that they all head for the beech, hope to see you on here with a great big cheesy grin.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

hi all... ok i made it through the day and so tired my legs barely carried me home

anyway no-one came to my opening day :cry:...

we went around and gave out our coupons etc...

two people came and their hair done... :) which cheered me up..

well it could have been worse so will take each day as it comes... :idea:....

Awe! Sorry to hear there wasn't a great turn out for your opening. Don't fret - hopefully word will spread and people will start flocking.

If business is really slow, it would be a good idea to get family and friends down to get treatments so that you are seen to be busy.

Good luck and hopefully you'll have loads of new clients sooooon! xx:hug:

well we gave coupons etc.. i was happy we did two haircuts today and they were just walking past... but the main thing is the locals know were open.. so we'l see this week.. not expecting miracles

I know it sounds crazy but get a website done - it doesn't have to be the most expensive one around, just one through microsoft office or even vista to name a couple - but you'll be surprised at who searched these days online instead of through a telephone book

good luck
x

yes defientely doing that today and tommorow i got two bookings for next sat so during the weeks im just taking each day.. :)

getting very anxious though i definetely know the pressure of someone going self employed now :cry:

Ive recently opened a beauty salon and absolutely hate it when its not busy.... this seems to be Monday, Tuesay and sometimes Saturday... but u have to learn to accept this and you will get busier when word of mouth gets about!! good luck!

Latest posts

Back