My valentines nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loo

Reaction score
Hi

Thought I would share a few of my pictures for valentines nail art or summer designs. The ones with the dark red and diamante heart are my nails and so are the ones with the tulips and butterfly's. I had this on my nails first then got a new polish the deep red one and thought I would change them to that just for valentines day. My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly six years and I dont think in the whole of that time we have ever gone out for valentines day so its a massive shock that he is taking me somewhere this year!!!! Yipieeee we are actually celebrating valentines day :Kissing: shock!!! He actually commented on my nails with this colour on, so that was an aproval lol he is so used to me changing my colours and nail art he rarely says anything so he must like this colour lol :lol: Anyway hope you like the designs. I have done a step by step for the flower design on my site and Seanny has it too if anyone fancies a go or wants to have a peek. I would love to see piccies of what you have on your nails for valentines day!!!! Post them up!!! I have included a piccie of some sculptured nails I did permanent french on a client who had a good sun tan so I thought this makes the whites look really nice!!! I just liked the piccie lol hope you dont mind Ive included that too :wink2: :lol:

:cool: Happy valentines!! :Love: :Love:

Attachments

• valentines nail art 2. nail pic.jpg
    valentines nail art 2. nail pic.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 10,223
  • valentines day nails pic.jpg
    valentines day nails pic.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2,364
  • nail art tropics.jpg
    nail art tropics.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 19,498
  • sculptured permanent french nails.jpg
    sculptured permanent french nails.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 6,709
WOW!

:D They are fantastic:D

Are they all freehand? I only do simple designs like flicks & tiger stripes, i'd love to do things in this much detail. Do you have any recommendations for types of brushes? I only have a super striper and a dotting tool at the mo.

Also how did you do them tiny butterflies?

:Love: Hope you enjoy your valentines day.:Love:

xxx

they look fantastic and i love the french manicure picture - that is gorgeous

I dont have an airbrush so I have to do all my nail art free hand but I love to do it this way. I like to do really tiny designs too. The butterfly design was fiddley when I had to do my other hand. I use the nib of the nail art pen to draw them on but its hard to keep a steady hand as you have to squeeze the tube at the same time so some colour flows out lol I end up holding my breath so I am less wobbly lol. I use a small thin stiper brush and a thicker stiper brush to do most of the nail art then a small detailer.

They're lovely Loo.

Hi!

I also think they all look FANTASTIC............................i really like the french manicure picture too........................keep up the good work! ! and

HAPPY VALENTINE'S to all of you geeks! ! :Kissing:
nik said:
they look fantastic and i love the french manicure picture - that is gorgeous

Loo They are so beautiful! Hope you have a great time on Vday

Love them all Loo - gorgeous :wink2:

They are fantastic Loo! I don't think i'd ever be able to keep my hand steady enough to do such intricate detail on a client - let alone on myself lol.

Enjoy your Valentine's treat!

loo said:
I end up holding my breath so I am less wobbly lol
hehe I do the same, scared to breathe incase it all goes wrong, it works though Loo because they look gorgeous, I love the third design, the tropical one (is it ok for me to pinch that design???)
x

They are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the flowers and butterflies and I'm just off to look at your step by step. I wish I could paint freehand, but apart from having as much artistic talent as a grasshopper - I just don't have a steady hand!

Were those smile lines your own? Fabulous French!

Jackie :)

Wow Loo as always they are fab, I love those flowers and butterflies, really pretty

Loo they are fabbio....I love the tropics one....might have to have a go at that!
Enjoy your day (I'm training all day!)

Be coolio
CB xxxxxxxx :lick:

ValencianNails said:
hehe I do the same, scared to breathe incase it all goes wrong, it works though Loo because they look gorgeous, I love the third design, the tropical one (is it ok for me to pinch that design???)
x

Hi thanks everyone Yeh thats fine for you to do the design thats why I put it up there for inspiration and to share ideas post a piccie up on here when your done I would love to see them. If you want to look at the step by step on how to do the design with the flower flicks and dots all over the nail go to
http://www.harmonyinbeauty.co.uk/nail-steps.html or http://www.thenaildirectory.com/lucy.html
think those links should work they will show you in stages how I do the flowers etc. Have fun!!!

Hi Jackie the permanent French nails were done with L&P (acrylic) sculptured but they are on a clients nails one of my air hostess's hence why she has such a good tan, unfortunately I dont boo hoooo I need a Holiday!!!!(in the Sun)

They're really beautiful Lucy, I love all the designs x

WOW They are awesome keep up the beautiful work.

donna

OUTSTANDING! As usual, great stuff Loo, keep it comin'

Thanks to everyone that has posted their nice comments have just read something that has really got me down in the dumps, not feeling on top form anyway :cry: :cry: I do nail art because I love it and sometimes I like to have fun with it on my own nails and have wacky designs just for a bit of fun-thats okay isnt it?!!!! I think its great that we ALL share our ideas even if they might not be to everyones taste at least we enjoy what we do and try to help others by sharing inspiration which I think is important even if we dont all have the same ideas of what we like ''nail art'' to be. :wink2: :wink2: I just like to have fun with mine sometimes and thought it would be nice to show my piccies. When I am in a wacky mood lol and have some spare time I like to sit and have a play around with the ol nail art stuff and its on my own nails so I am allowed :lol: Anyway I am looking forward to seeing other peoples designs no matter how wacky/simple or what stage you are at I love to see them all its nice to see an expression of your art and I am no expert I just love to do it and as long as you enjoy what you do thats the most important thing!!!!! Have fun enjoy valentines day xx

Loo, if everyone liked the same stuff, the world would be a very boring place. It's true that not everybody is gonna like your particular style of nail art, but so what? There are many many more who do, these threads are testament to that. Forget any negative feedback, be it imagined or real and concentrate on all the positive comments. Keep on doing what you're doing, its fantastic! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back