my website, feedback appreciated x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa-marie

Reaction score
hi geeks
i have just freshened up my nail website Lisa-Maries Nailz - Home
and would love some feedback, is there anything i can improve on, or anything i should add/take away? i keep looking at it but would like a 2nd opinion from the experts on this site!:)
thank you
lisa xxxxxxxxxx

Good to see that you have a copyright message on most of your gallery pics; I have heard of a lot of people that have had their images stolen and used on other people's web sites without permission (with the thief often passing them off as their own work).

There's a spelling mistake on your offers page - "Complimentry" (sic) instead of "Complimentary".

Am not sure about how well the blue and orange text on the offers page fits in with the pinky theme of the rest of the site; I've had been inclined to use colours that would have gone with the pink theme better, e.g. mauves, purples and lilacs.

The prices on your rates & services page don't line up; I think prices look best when they are right-aligned.

You've got a mixture of different fonts across the site - Comic Sans, a sans-serif font (probably Arial) and a serif font. Maybe it would look better if you just used one font across the entire site instead of a mixture.

Shame about the Google ads at the top of the page; I think they are a dead giveaway that it's a "free" web page; you might want to speak to Lynne (Calla) as she's got a Freewebs site but has paid extra to get her own domain name, and no Google ads. That would probably be the one biggest step you could make to improve your site to be honest - go for the Freewebs paid service to get your own domain name and drop the Google ads.

thank you for your reply, it's nice to hear a different view on my site, so far i have only had friends giving feedback.
i read a few threads on here about people getting their images used so thought a watermark on all my online images was needed.

i was rushing to get my special offers up and just copy and pasted them off my flyer, totally missed the spelling mistake lol! and i really see what you mean about the colours.

i'm still getting to grips with the freewebs stuff, and i've noticed sometimes when i align things and save them, they look different when i go back to the site like they havent saved properly.

thank you so much for your advice, i'm off to edit my site now xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wow, I've just taken your advice and altered all the text to comic sans, changed the Colours and after 5 attempts of saving i managed to get the prices right aligned.
what a difference! it looks much more effective and eye catching now
THANK YOU :hug:

wow, I've just taken your advice and altered all the text to comic sans, changed the Colours and after 5 attempts of saving i managed to get the prices right aligned.
what a difference! it looks much more effective and eye catching now
THANK YOU :hug:

Excellent, am glad that helped :hug:

Latest posts

Back