my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
I have just finnished my website, I am in the process of learning other skills, but having read previous posts regarding websites, the general consensus was not to have a page that said.....coming soon, but rather to leave it as is, and add pages to the website as you were offering new treatments. I am not the most IT friendly person, and am new to the industry also, I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, and if anything wasnt quite right, am hoping to hear as well, no offence taken, beter to be told than something to look bad, or not right....many thanks :hug: Ruth x

http://blossomblossom.weebly.com/index.html

Last edited:
I think its lovely. I like that you have put about yourself in it. Be wary with putting you have no set hours, you will prob get a million and one crazy requests but as your salon is in the house you can just say you are booked up then if you don't wanna do a treatment :)

love the site though.....relaxing feeling!

Hi Ruth, I think for a non-IT person your website is great.

The descriptions you've used for your different nail enhancing services are really informative (think your manicure/pedicure prices are quite cheap though!).

Your website doesn't mention where you operate - is that deliberate?

Lastly, I couldn't help notice that 4 of your 5 paragraphs on your home page begin with "I". If you could somehow change this to "you", the prospective client will believe you're talking directly to them about the benefits they'll experience. Starting off paragraphs with "I" (whatever words come next) gives the impression that you're talking about yourself, whereas the client wants you to talk about them.

I hope that wasn't gobbledegook.

xx

fab thanks guys, gonna go and have a look at the homepage just now to see how I can change it, and must put in where I am based as well, just ramembered my self that I have forgoton to add in soak offs on the hands and nail page as well, it's great to have other eyes to look first, thankyou!!

really lovely colours, and the flowers are so pretty, i really like the site. Its very approachable

hi ruth

Its a very lovely site. Relaxed and i love how you carry all the through.

I agree the way you phrase your treatments is great. Is there any chance I could use some of your wording mixing with a bit of my own? :rolleyes:

Im not very good when it comes to explaining. It all comes out more lists form than english lol

Hope to see more on there soon xxx

hi ruth

Its a very lovely site. Relaxed and i love how you carry all the through.

I agree the way you phrase your treatments is great. Is there any chance I could use some of your wording mixing with a bit of my own? :rolleyes:

Im not very good when it comes to explaining. It all comes out more lists form than english lol

Hope to see more on there soon xxx

hiya, I don't mind at all, in fact its a huge compliment!! thankyou!!

thank you very much :hug:

Its good apart from i dont like the way the white text background overlaps your header

Its good apart from i dont like the way the white text background overlaps your header

I noticed that as well, but no mater how much I play around with it, I just can't change it:irked:, poo, maybe in time I will figure it out, as it wont let me move any of the two areas away from each other, never mind......

Latest posts

Back