N.S.I. shipping costs...!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
What's going on with N.S.I. shipping costs? Charging £8.81 for Shipping for one nail polish....and how can they justify this? What does everyone else think about this or is it just me and my wallet? :o

hmm think a fellow geek brought this up not long ago.

u think thats bad??? I placed an order the other week.....they charged me TWICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still havent got my money back - i have free postage next time but i dont use their products anymore !!!

CHECK YOUR INVOICES CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMb x

im in the same boat i only want some uv balance gel, but will wait till i need some more stuff.dianna x

the delivery charge is free over £25 !
but sh orly a nail polish could have gone in a post box for a price of a stamp !!!???
(oh did that make seance???)

lynda green said:
the delivery charge is free over £25 !
but sh orly a nail polish could have gone in a post box for a price of a stamp !!!???
(oh did that make seance???)

LOL you would have thought so wouldn't you, but enamel is flamable so the postage is set at a higher rate.................Always check your postage cost before you pay and confirm your order.....Just a thought xxx

Yeah, thats what i would have thought but i have just priced a cuticle pusher and the shipping charge is still £8.81. Maybe they class this as a dangerous item...! :rolleyes:

I recently placed an order with NSI as a first time customer and spent £65.00+. I was still charged their £7.50 P&P. I like their balance gel though. I'm going to do the same and wait until I need more stock. They guarantee 'next day' at that rate.

i ordered 2 pots of paint (amongst other things) months ago and they were all gloopy n horrible so they told me to post them back
which i did
havent heard from them since!
i have called and emailed
some1 will get back to u
blah blah
i kno its not much but it puts u off ordering again!
x

ignore me if im wrong but i think u can get NSI from the ellisons catalouge.
U can also get it from some beauty supplies, they sell it in chris & sons (palmers green london) not much help to most of u but there might b one near u x

Im the fellow geek who brought this up not so long ago, I totally agree there p& p charges are disgusting I wanted to order 1 pot of glitter strips @ £2.50 then with vat and p&p this rounded off to £13. Told em to shove it up there ****.

Now glitter strips did not need any special sort of delivery as it obviously wasn't monomer, just a jiffy bag and a first class stamp would of done.

I went to my local warehouse and they ordered it for me, didnt cost much more than what they advertised in their catalogue. why not try that.
HTH

Hi Peeps,

The last time NSI stuffed my order up they regretted it!!

Firstly I got the lady's name on the phone before she took my order as I ALWAYS do just in case and she made me hold on for 5 minutes after I politely told her I was phoning form my mobile and I was in a hurry, I asked if she could please make this quick. She sighed deliberatley down the phone and proceeded to take my order, then I confirmed the delivery address TWICE and paid with my credit card and hung up. The very next day, no next day delivery package shows up, it had been delivered to the wrong address, and I had a client in the evening for the products they should have delivered by 13:00.

I was fuming after this ...... I got straight onto my email and wrote the snottiest letter to the supervisor demanding my goods to be refunded because I had to cancel my appointment and that had already cost me money and my pride. I also did not fail to state the name of the lady who couldn't stop sighing at me on the phone when I poiltley asked her to try and assist me as quickly as she could. I called their service unproffessional, their staff inadequate and pig headed and I also mentioned their delivery charges were overpriced and I would never order from them again.

I had four missed calls on my mobile that morning while at work, from the supervisor and director, they left 3 messages apologising profusley and would I be so kind as to call them back. I called the supervisor at lunch time and said that I would expect my staff to set an example for my company and the lady I spoke to was not doing their company justice. I also said that I am a very fair person and don't see how I deserved to be treated in that manner. She totally agreed and refunded me of my £50.00 order and gave me free delivery for the next three orders. The lady I spoke to on the phone was given a written warning and apparently my email was taken into a staff meeting!!! OOOOOOPS!!!! :o Since then the service has been great :)

So in short ...... I know exactly what you guys mean, just thought this version might be a little more entertaining.

xxxx

I used to order certain items from NSI, but stopped because of the high p&p charges ... I now wait until the trade shows and buy what I need from them then.

Today i spoke to a laddie from NSI with regards to postage, i was told that they had launched a new site for the likes of nail art products, for which the postage was some thing like £3 ish,( sorry can't remember exactly) and not the usual price of £7- odd.

She did apologies about postage and said it is based on weight? because of the likes of Drills and things, also the chemical content of products is a Major factor of high postage costs.

So some good news maybe, we will have to see?

As a former distributor may I reespectfully point out that the charge is for postage, packing and order processing.

Just put yourself in a distributor's shoes for one minute.

1. there is an employee and the time it takes to process your order .. this costs money
2. there is a picker in the warehouse that goes and picks your order and sometimes he is also the packer,
3 there is the packer who packs the order into a box or an envelope with padding or bubble wrap a lable (2 or three more items that have to be paid for.
4. finally there is the postage on which is added VAT.

So we have 2-3 employees to pay ... the time it takes them to do all 3 processes ... the materials and the tax.

It isn't all just postage ... although having said all that it does sound a bit on the high side to me.

Latest posts

Back