Nail Art Paints??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspirationails

Reaction score
Hello can anyone tell me if there are paints (not nail art pens like Nubar) for doing nail art?

Which ones can you recommend?

I did do a search but didn't find anything.

acrylic paints... you can get them from nail art suppliers on the web or from art & craft shops. I have some from creativenailplace.co.uk and Spangles but there's loads more like K-Sa-Ra, I'm sure other techs will add to the list of places to buy them and which ones they prefer.

Hi, I use the diddy little pots of paints, think they are waterbased? I bought mine at Rollin Stock and Hairways, they had them at Excel last year aswell and you could buy them individually instead of packs of four so that was good too! hth x

Thanks ValencianNails & Aspirations, I've seen them on the Creativenailplace web site, I might just wait till I go to the Excel at the end of the month. :D

I have a few on geekbay -and I also stock lots of other colours, if you need any details please pm me and I will send them to you. The pots are 1/4oz.

inspirationails said:
Hello can anyone tell me if there are paints (not nail art pens like Nubar) for doing nail art?

Which ones can you recommend?

I did do a search but didn't find anything.

If you buy ordinary children's acrylic paints from places such as hobby craft, they work a treat! you can use a cocktail stick to draw the paints on or a normal nail art brush! The paints are less than a £1 which is even better!

I use Anita's acrylic craft paints as there thin to use easy to remove and last ages as you get big ish pots for 99p, and the metallic paints give extra shimmer and sparkle.

I use Jo Sonja's Artist colours. they are water based and mostly acrylic. The can be thinned down as thin as you like with water, allowing you to do fine detailed work. They are a little more expensive than your regular acrylic craft paints but definately A1 quality!!!! :)

hekate01 said:
I use Anita's acrylic craft paints as there thin to use easy to remove and last ages as you get big ish pots for 99p, and the metallic paints give extra shimmer and sparkle.

I second the use of Anita's,

I find you don't even need a pallate since I shake the bottle upside down then take off the lid and use the paint which is in the lid :eek: if you know what I mean.

I waste little or nothing and the paint seems to last forever.

A small note about the metallics, make sure you shake them properly or you will think they are not very good and not metallic enough.

Sarah

HIYA,

I THINK I'VE TOLD SOMEONE ELSE ASKING ABOUT NAILART STUFF BUT NAILORDER DO LITTLE POTS OF NAIL ART PAINT FOR 30P EACH, THEY COME IN SPECIAL KITS WITH BRUSHES ETC TOO (JUST FLICKING THROUGH THE CATALOGUE NOW!). IV'E NOT TRIED THE NUBAR PENS, WHAT ARE THEY LIKE? I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING SOME.

ALYSHA X

The nubar pens and some others like them contain nail polish, although they come with a striping brush and some with a dotting tool too I still prefer acrylic paint based ones.
NSI do a "stripe-rite" brush which contains acrylic paint with a striping brush and I`m sure there are others out there.
I think when using nubar pens, the polish doesn`t give such a good effect and you can`t just take it off and start again if you don`t like it.
Just my opinion!!!!!!

For something a little different, have you seen the 'Glaze Gelly Roll Pens'? They are kind of like a gel pen that you can use for nail art and the gel stays raised, not too much, it just makes it a little different to the norm. If you want to risk Ebay you can get them for half the price that other online places sell them for!

Yeah the glase gelly pens are fab for embossed designs.
Paint for nail art is best if acrylic based try any good art and craft shops.

lell said:
Yeah the glase gelly pens are fab for embossed designs.
Paint for nail art is best if acrylic based try any good art and craft shops.

'Embossed'...... that was the word I was looking for - thanks Lell! :D

I just use acrylic craft paint, its really cheap and it comes in like a billion different colors. :wink2:

I still use my old faithful nail art paints, you cant beat the effect f the opalescent panits and a fan brush! As longs as they are the right consistancy, we do 36 colours at £1.50 and they sell very well.

For everything nail art, try www.beautyfornails.com I've ordered lots of stuff from them - prices are good and delivery is super fast!!!

HTH
Charlie

Iv just bought 12 little pots of acrylic opaque & 12 of pearlescent ones formt he same company that make Anitas (just marketed under a different name-craft planet) for an amazing £1.99 each. What a bargain, cheap enough to try, if they are rubbish i can give them to my kids for their craft stuff.

Have a look on www.craft-planet.com & see if they are on there, everyone says that Anitas work great so they should be fine.

HTH. x

Hi There,

We stock a range of 73 water-based nail art paints, as well as a range of 40 water-based stripers. If you would like any further information or would like me to send you a catalogue please PM me!

Kind Regards,
Claire France
Jordi Nail Design :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back