Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly548

Reaction score
Good morning! I am a fairly new qualified nail tech in acrylics and Gel polish. I'd like to start offering nail art and there is a course I am trying to get on in October for nail art.

My question is this -

Do you use gel polish for nail art or normal nail varnish?
What are red easiest things to start off doing?
I have bought some little glitter pots so was thinking of doing an ombre type nail either glitter and I am waiting for chrome stuff to be delivered.
Any advice would be appreciated x

Thank you x

I think full glitter applications are good to start with. Easy to do and great final effect. Then, I think try stamping designs.
Personally I think gel lends itself best to nail art as no drying time.

Have a look on you tube for videos, they help a lot

I don't do nail art with gel polish as its nit pigmented enough.

As CFBS says Rockstar/full glitter nails are easy and effective, there are thousands of nail art videos on YouTube, start by searching for Rockstar nails and see where the other suggestions send you too

Acrylic paint is good for nail art.... you can use normal regular acrylic paint....i have several types...
So... do your gel polish and top coat as normal... buff(optional)... then art..... then top coat again..... xx
Oh and get a decent brush... crystal nails do the best brushes.....

For stamped designs I use the Konad polishes as they are highly pigmented and dry super quick .

I complete the shellac colour , the top coat + cure + wipe. Then I stamp on top of this. That way if you bodge it or maybe the client changes their mind , you can wipe off and start again. Once happy with the design just top coat again.

Latest posts

Back