nail files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolajean

Reaction score
what is the best way to stop your nail files from looking old and tatty even though they have only been used a few times. My files are from the ezflow selection.

nicolajean said:
what is the best way to stop your nail files from looking old and tatty even though they have only been used a few times. My files are from the ezflow selection.

i brush mine with a manicure brush to get rid of all the dust and debris then a quick spray with either antiseptic spray or chlor-i-spray

emma's nails said:
i brush mine with a manicure brush to get rid of all the dust and debris then a quick spray with either antiseptic spray or chlor-i-spray
I do the same, my trusty purple nail brush lol, always have it in my kitbox and also chlorispray.
the thing is... after you've used an abrasive a couple of times for debulking etc they tend to become useless (ie having to work much harder with them) so you're probably better off replacing them.
x

emma's nails said:

Me too x

I use a brand new file for each rebalance. Although this may seem like a waste of money, it cuts down my rebalance time and as they say time is money x

It's a good idea to use a new file every re-balance, this not only saves time like you said but the file can be re-used for free edge shaping and filing rather than throwing it away - waste not want not i say!!

Chlor-i-spray is great for making your files sparkle!

nicolajean said:
do you mean the grey fox and wolf files these tend to go a wee bit darker where you have used the file
so if its only in one place ie on the rounded tip end you arent using enough of your file hun.... its a fabbio file use all of it :)

i do the chlori spray thing too

i find a slightly older file is really nice to use once you have used it once or twice brand new files can be a wee bit too harsh on the nat nail (grey fox that is ;))... puts my teeth on edge just thinking of it :irked: :D

if i can help anymore with ezflow stuff just pm me

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back