nail forms getting stuck!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica brooks

Reaction score
Hello!
Im sure someone else must get this problem - well im hoping so, otherwise im doing something seriously wrong!!
I bought some reusable nail forms from sally's and im finding them much easier to use but............... THEY DONT COME OFF!!!
When im doing gel i create the sculpt and cure it, but when i try to take my form off to shape before applying the colour the forms dont come off!!
I have to try and 'pop' the side and then get my nail under the sculpt and lift it off - i think it must hurt a bit as i glanced up while doing it the other day to see my clients face contorted with pain!!!
Im thinking maybe i should give them something to bite on while i do it!! Or if anyone else has a better idea it would be much appriciated!!
I tried wiping them over with sanitizer before applying them but it doesnt seem to make any difference. I didnt expect them to slide off, but dont think it should be this much hard work either!
:D

im not sure if im reading this right-but here goes anyway.

are you sure you havent got the forms placed on top of the nail, as opposed to under the nail, as this will cause them to stick and make hard work of getting the form off

hth

Nope - definatly placed underneath the nail!

Is there any seepage of product going under the form...maybe that might make them hold fast?

This might be why it is happening, if i do a really neat one it comes off easier than if i do one that is a bit more messy!! ( havent been doing sculpts long!! )
Sounds like this could be why!
How does everyone else get them off - just loosen them and then they come off?

are these reuseable forms good? if so what make are the best?

Caz xxx

They are easier to fit than the disposables, but as you can see i have had problems, this is something im doing my the sounds of it, so im sure 'normal' people will manage fine with them!! :lol:

Are they plastic or metal forms you are using?

I think with practise, you will get better, but it defo sounds as if you are getting some seepage which will go under the form and making it stick. I have to say i can't peronally get on with re-usable forms because they aren't very flexible.

It took me a while, but now i have had a bit of practise with the disposable ones, i prefer them as you can bend them without causing the client pain.:D

Keep at it and i'm sure you'll be fine. Isn't there a tech near you that you know that can see how you fit them and maybe tell you where you're going wrong? I do this when i have a problem of any kind, and usually they will see something minor that you don't. Just a thought.:D

ive never had this problem with disposable forms, but never tried the re-usable ones.

try brushing a small amount of cuticle oil on the form, this should make it slide off.

sara
x

I found the pink reusable forms from Sallys really difficult to use so moved onto the other reusable ones which are easier to fit. But to be honest, if you can get used to using disposable form then I find it makes life easier and you can pre-taylor them to suit

Latest posts

Back