Nail geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
Im having such a bad week, been practicing my L&P aplication on tips all week. Had my daughters friend in for a full set this am but what a mess they looked :sad: Took me all my strength to finish the set, really felt like giving up, but I didnt :D

Anyway, how long is a piece of string....lol... No, I know this will vary greatly but roughly how long did you geeks take to master the dreaded bead?

Good question...I am rubbish at l&p...

Yours looked great that you did Nic, keep going, you will get there :hug:xx

Im having such a bad week, been practicing my L&P aplication on tips all week. Had my daughters friend in for a full set this am but what a mess they looked :sad: Took me all my strength to finish the set, really felt like giving up, but I didnt :D

Anyway, how long is a piece of string....lol... No, I know this will vary greatly but roughly how long did you geeks take to master the dreaded bead?
Never happened!! Sadly, although i qualified in l&P months ago i failed miserably to master the perfect bead. I just can't do it and i hate the smell so I have officially given up and will stick to gel x

I don't do L&P, so can't help I'm afraid. But have you girls had a look through the Fingernail Fixers videos? She's great at giving tips.

Don't give up. :|

Good question...I am rubbish at l&p...

Yours looked great that you did Nic, keep going, you will get there :hug:xx

Na Beccy, they really were awful - not just saying that :( Sooo annoyed with myself.

Never happened!! Sadly, although i qualified in l&P months ago i failed miserably to master the perfect bead. I just can't do it and i hate the smell so I have officially given up and will stick to gel x

Sorry to hear that?

What did you find most difficult? What brand did you use? Im using the retention + liquid and quite like the smell of it - the others in my house arent too keen tho ;-) How long did you give it?

I don't do L&P, so can't help I'm afraid. But have you girls had a look through the Fingernail Fixers videos? She's great at giving tips.

Don't give up. :|

I have, yeah... watched the dvd's and read nailclass bit im still rubbish...

I also really struggle with l & p I have my sister in law coming over for a set tomorrow, but I'm never happy with them, I really struggle getting my apex right and getting the acrylic smooth at the cuticle!! So frustrating!

How many sets have you done? I've heard a hundred sets before you're really gonna crack it. I personally don't enjoy l&p but I keep playing on my nail trainer - but I do prefer gels.

I reckon you chalk it up to experience and crack on & do another set ASAP.

If you find you still have problems maybe book a 1-1 with your trainer? Xx

Sometimes in life we have to choose our battles. You could stick with it, get yourself the best training you can find and practice, practice, practice. Or you can accept that it might be something you just aren't very good at and move on to a new challenge.
Only you can decide

What exactly are you struggling with? Is it the mix ratio? Size of bead? Placement?

Oh and I love the smell of Retention+, I think I'm addicted :D

I did a nail tecnician course and within that course was l&p. So went home and struggled away and little by little got better. Then I decided I wanted to try CND l&p so of course had to do a conversion course. I picked up a heap of new stuff and felt more confident. Two people can explain the same thing, but sometimes they explain it different and maybe you just need to try a different trainer. I can highly recomment a one to one with a CND ambassador if you can afford it. For one you'll get on better with l&p and secondly your confidence will rocket. All l&p's are different too, not sure what you use but I started with NSI, which I do like, but do feel CND's Retenion + is better. They handle quite differently so if you have the chance to try a different brand - go for it x

Don't give up, it's different for everyone but I'm sure everyone will agree that l&p is the hardest type of enhancement to master. It took me a long time (best part of a year) and a lot of practice to get it right and even more time to get my time down to a respectable amount! I tend to stick to gels now as I love the result but there are a couple of clients who like the acrylic and won't change so I'm still keeping in there and don't feel like I'm losing a skill by not using it! Good luck, patience is the key!

Awwwww come here let me give you a hug :hug:
I read on the tutorial that The Geek did on here and one of the tips was if you usually do the right side of your smile first try doing the left side first instead. I tried this was amazed it worked for me :)
I've got my complete course starting next week and I'm so looking forward to the L&P as it sounds lovely to work with. At the moment I'm using NSI
Hope you get there and have your eureka moment soon :)
Vicki x

What exactly are you struggling with? Is it the mix ratio? Size of bead? Placement?

Oh and I love the smell of Retention+, I think I'm addicted :D

Im struggling with it all.... ratio is till a bit of a hit or miss, bead size isnt too much of a problem as i just get rid of it if its not quite right, Placement, think im ok with that...

Firstly it takes me ages to blend and fit tips, just about as long as it should take a competent nail tech Really want to learn how to sculpt on a form but both my models werent suitable so not had the chance to learn that yet but Im hoping once mastered it will reduce times.

My e/a checked I was getting the ratio right and it seemed ok, not waay of or anything but i still cant control the bead :( I have been practicing smile lines on tips and thought I had mastered it so done a set today but they just looked rank. I have my re-balance day on Wed but my model keeps loosing nails, well.... she isnt really loosing then :o

Iv watched the CND dvd twice and read through nail class several times but it still not happening. It wont bead be though :twisted:

Don't give up, it's different for everyone but I'm sure everyone will agree that l&p is the hardest type of enhancement to master. It took me a long time (best part of a year) and a lot of practice to get it right and even more time to get my time down to a respectable amount! I tend to stick to gels now as I love the result but there are a couple of clients who like the acrylic and won't change so I'm still keeping in there and don't feel like I'm losing a skill by not using it! Good luck, patience is the key!

Patience and lots of wine!?!

Awwwww come here let me give you a hug :hug:
I read on the tutorial that The Geek did on here and one of the tips was if you usually do the right side of your smile first try doing the left side first instead. I tried this was amazed it worked for me :)
I've got my complete course starting next week and I'm so looking forward to the L&P as it sounds lovely to work with. At the moment I'm using NSI
Hope you get there and have your eureka moment soon :)
Vicki x

The changing sides technique is in Nailclass as well, Iv tried it but didnt work for me... im right handed and usually nudge it to the right first.

Thanks for the hug, hope it clicks into place as well ;-)

Omg I've got Gigi and Mr Geek mixed up how embarrassing. Hope they dont read my post. Eek

LOL... Im sure they will realise you just got mixed up with names hehehhe

Latest posts

Back