nail glue? maybe?....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLaux

Reaction score
so... in my salon we do star nails... altho i really like the look of them at the end i cant help but think they dont seem 2b that strong... glue the nail on, blend the nail, apply the white tip, apply 2 clear coats, and then the glosser on top, is it maby the glue? im not sure, i havent been doing this for long enuff 2 no? but im just sure they dont seem strong enuff....help?! xxx x x:Love:

hiya,

sorry your post is a lil confusing...or maybe it's just me i dont know...are you working with gel or l&p..?

when you say..glue the nail on, blend the nial and apply white tip?? Do you mean apply the tip, blend it and apply white product for french? Also they mite not be strong because if you using gel and only appling two layres of gloss i think you said...ur not building up any strenght.

im sure someone else can answer this better im just a little confused by it!! but im pretty sure it's not the glue though..

It could be down to your prep, with all systems you need to prepare the canvas for working on and applying your product to.
Make sure you use a lint free pad and scrub the nail plate after cuticle removal with dehydrating spray then apply your tip using adhesive and blend your tip. clean the nail plate of any dust again with dehydrator and apply your primer. if product is then applied in the correct way then the nail should be strong.

Dont forget to make sure the shape and length is consistant and suitable for the client, if they are too long they will snap. It doesnt matter which system you are using as long as it is applied in the correct manner.

HTH

Hiya, i use star too so if you can tell me which of their products you use I might be able to help you x x

when you say apply the white tip and 2 coats of gloss are you talking about Quattro? cos If so this is designed to go on top of an enhancement, not on its own so this could be where you are going wrong? xx

holliejayne said:
are you talking about Quattro?
ive used this before, many moons ago and thought it was very good but now used brisa, so no need for quattro

xLaux said:
so... in my salon we do star nails... altho i really like the look of them at the end i cant help but think they dont seem 2b that strong... glue the nail on, blend the nail, apply the white tip, apply 2 clear coats, and then the glosser on top, is it maby the glue? im not sure, i havent been doing this for long enuff 2 no? but im just sure they dont seem strong enuff....help?! xxx x x:Love:

i used star nails many moons ago and found they were ok, until i found better............i found they were not very strong at all, and had mega probs with this product. but i have to ask why do you say "glue the nail on", you dont use glue flower, you use adhesive, (there is a difference). im sure someone on the site will answer your prob tho,
please dont take offence at what i have said but if you want to start as you mean to go on then - its adhesive - not glue - just my moan - sorry

thankyou for your replies! i used 2 do calgel nails, which wer ok, but my new salon do star and i have been left 2 my own devices 2 c how they are applied! now u c why i am struggling! i went to have my nails done with a lady who does star nails in a salon by me, 2 c if i could pick up any tips, so i have been coppying what she did, but im just not happy with the results! and yes i meant adhesive not glue, sorry!
1.buff the shine off the nails
2.put the tips on
3.blend them in and buff again
4.white tip, cure
5.clear, cure
6.clear, cure
7. quattro, cure
8. apply cuticle oil
is anything im doing rite? plz help!! :rolleyes:

xLaux said:
thankyou for your replies! i used 2 do calgel nails, which wer ok, but my new salon do star and i have been left 2 my own devices 2 c how they are applied! now u c why i am struggling! i went to have my nails done with a lady who does star nails in a salon by me, 2 c if i could pick up any tips, so i have been coppying what she did, but im just not happy with the results! and yes i meant adhesive not glue, sorry!
2.put the tips on
4.white tip, cure
5.clear, cure
6.clear, cure
7. quattro, cure
8. apply cuticle oil

The only thing you havent mentioned is doing PREP by using cuticle remover on the nail bed before anything else. Also when you say BUFF the nail plate how much of this are you doing as you can damage the nail plate by buffing? You only need to wipe over the nails after using a cuticle remover with something like scrubfresh, then lightly wipe in 2/3downward strokes with a white block or equivalent, any more than this and damage is being done IMO. The other thing to look at is, are you using the right lamp for the gel you use and are the bulbs still strong enough, have you changed them at all?? :biggrin:

xLaux said:
2.put the tips on
4.white tip, cure
5.clear, cure
6.clear, cure
7. quattro, cure
8. apply cuticle oil

Just trained with Star Nails. Your procedure is a little muddled.

1.Prep
2. Size and Pre blend tips
3.Once tips are applied blend
4.Pick up a large bead of gel and place in the center of the stress area. You only need one layer .
4.Take the gel down to the cuticle area and to the side walls make sure you cap the free adge.
5. Cure for 2 mins. One min of that time should be spent in the glow of the lamp so as not to burn the clients nail plates.
6. Buff
7. If using whit tip gel make sure that it has been warmed 1 minute in boiling water is cool. Also remember to buff the free edge with a white block so the gel does not seep into any "cracks" (can't think of the right word). If not warmed it will be dull and streaky. You may want to thin the free edge as tip gel will make the enhancement much thicker. Cure for 2 minutes
8.Piant on quattro. Cure for 2 minutes.

Latest posts

Back