nail hanging off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
i used the search and did find something on this but it didnt totally answer my question. ive been keeping my mums nails up for her sice she was my model a few weeks ago for my foundation course. But this week twoof her nails have been totally hanging off. The worst one yesterday was really sore for her she plastered it up. But in the end eased it off. Now her natural nail is quite ripped and short. I was going to do a maintanace on her this weekend, will i still stick a tip on her and apply l&p. When she asked my advice i didnt know what to do. So any advice would be appreciated so when i come to do regular clients i will know what to do.

Also as i havent many clients yet, my mum spread the word to people that are going to wedding this month and they said they would pay for their nails done from me. I was thinking of getting the glimmer or twilight powders. But how do i use them doing pink and whites. Can i mix it with perfect white and which one is the best cause i cant afford both?

sorry for long story!

Hi Zoe!

I had this on my model (first set of nails) - it practically ripped 1/2 the nail bed off! It was weepy and blood had dried down into the sidewalls and she had covered it up with savlon and a plaster. She prefered me to soak the rest off and wait until it grew a bit as it wasnt fit for a tip (too sore to blend) and sculpting wasnt an option (no free edge - i would've been sculpting on her skin!)

I use the metro powders, city of angels is really nice mixed in with a scoop of soft white.

The glimmer powder i've had used on myself for holidays last year and i thought it was "too glittery" so try mixing it with some perfect white, it would probably give a softer finish. The twilight powder is lovely mixed in with perfect pink! Glimmer is glittery and twilight is more shimmery - i personally like twilight better

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back