Nail injury (don't look at photo if eating your tea)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina Ballerina

Reaction score
Look what my poor husband has done!
All the bloodied part is his nail bed.
Anyone got an advice?
I've told him to keep it covered but he wants to let it ' 'breathe' (hard to see the nail lungs in this picture)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465666420.674245.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465666434.682155.jpg

Yuck and ouch! Maybe something to keep it clean if he can stand to apply something like savlon. I would cover it too to make sure nothing got in it and it didn't stick to or catch on anything x

Once you have cleaned the area let it dry and he must keep a plaster over it to prevent a secondary infection.
Take paracetamol as needed and change the plaster at least once daily. Wear gloves if he can for work.

Poor thing [emoji16]

[emoji40] I would definitely want to soak that in antiseptic and wrap it to keep it clean. An infection in that would look even worse!
Just out of morbid curiosity.. How did he do it?

He yanked a paper towel out the dispenser and one of the plastic teeth pulled the chunk of nail out. I can't believe a bit of plastic did that!

I wanted to clean it last night and put some tcp on it but he just rinsed it. I told him 100 times to cover it with a plaster but you know what they're like.
He tells me this morning that he wants to glue a false nail down (either side of the gauge) to protect it.
I've explained what a perfect breeding ground that will be but he knows best.
He is at least going to see the pharmacist today so hopefully they will help him see the error of his ways because I quite like having a husband with two thumbs.

Latest posts

Back