Nail Jewels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appyarry

Reaction score
Apparently a nail salon is putting diamond jewels into the acyrlic not through as in pierced but in the acrylic.

I like the sound of this any ideas of how it is done and where I can get the jewels?? Its not the nail art type of jewels.

Any information would be good thanx

me

I would imagine it is done the same way as the rhinestones just fixed with top coat or adhesive and then overlayed with product, what a waste of a diamond though, wonder what they do when it grows out and falls off or you break your nail unless it is just a flat daimond chip then it wouldnt cost so much i supoose.

Sorry that was totally unhelpful whatsnt it lol
x

Has anyone tried this with the normal nail art stones then? Ive done the usual cover in top coat, but can you actually bury them in the acrylic? Obviously the acrylic would be a bit thick - but it might be nice to do a totally covered in sparkles nail!

ive encased gems under gel before and this works really well and it is a bit more permanent than just under topcoat where they can somtimes chip off, but ive never tried it under L&P before.

emma

The ads Ive seen for 'Real Diamonds' are by a company called Fire & Ice.
Tel 01279 647623 or email [email protected]

Personally when I have put rhinestones under acrylic I have found they lose their 'bling' so if I want to do that I use flatstones instead, much cheaper and give the same effect.
I once saw someone get a real diamond put into an enhancement ... not under the acrylic, but embeded. It looked stunning... rhinestones just didnt seem the same after that, lol!

Yes you can do them under acrylic. Here is a set Mrs Gadget did on my own nails for me just recently. :lick:

WOW!

they look fab - i love the turquoise colour!

Mani-fique! said:
Yes you can do them under acrylic. Here is a set Mrs Gadget did on my own nails for me just recently. :lick:

Latest posts

Back