nail piercing advice???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaznails

LADY KAREN
Reaction score
hi
I have a client who has gel natural nail overlays who would like a nail dangle/piercing..I know that you shouldn`t pierce a natural nail but is it ok to do on a nail that is overlayed????? any advice please!!!

I know it's fine to pierce with a l&p natural nail overlay,so it should be fine with a gel one aswell.

I used to pierce my gel overlays all the time.Theres no prob at all with it.
A little tip if you dont use this already (hope Im not teaching grandma to suck eggs and all that) is to use a cork from a wine bottle underneath the nail to support it and to screw through to.
Hth.

thanks for the advice ladies..

thanks for the wine cork tip Glorsclaws...no shortage of them around here lol!!
icon_lol.gif
can put them to good use now..

another tip, make sure the little ring is totally closed(pop a spot of glue on the join) then you dont end up walking round with your knickers hanging off your piercing on your little finger...pmsl

another tip: it's usually best to put the piercings in the ring finger of the hand she doesn't write with. ie if she is right handed put the piercings on the finger that her wedding/engagement ring would go on, it lessens the chance of it catching. :)

*JOANNE* said:
another tip, make sure the little ring is totally closed(pop a spot of glue on the join) then you dont end up walking round with your knickers hanging off your piercing on your little finger...pmsl

pmsl.. thanks for that tip Joanne!! I have learned my lesson and always buy the dangles with a little bead on to cover the join.. have caught them on many things but never my knickers?!?
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back