Nail pops!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffy26

Reaction score
Hey geeky peeps! I finally ordered myself some nail pops, but I was just wondering if I need to base coat them before applying colour, or does it not make any difference (I'll be using them for shellac) what do you all do with yours?

No need for base coat for painting with shellac or normal polish x

I've found that colour adheres without problem to the natural coloured pops but I need to buff the clear ones. I don't bother with base coat on either though x

Thanks guys! Mine are clear so will give them a little buff first! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Paint the gel on the backside of them if they are clear. No need for buffing or topcoat they're already shiny. Saves time and product. X

Paint the gel on the backside of them if they are clear. No need for buffing or topcoat they're already shiny. Saves time and product. X

Are they not sticky without top coating and wiping the sticky layer? I've done mine for years with doing it on the top and then topcoating. I would of saved a lot of time if I knew this lol.

Thanks guys! Mine are clear so will give them a little buff first! X

You don't need to buff, just go straight to colour x

To be honest I don't buff mine and they are all clear - no problem with application just goes on as normal x

You don't need to buff, just go straight to colour x

On some clear ones you do. The clear pops I have won't hold the colour unless I buff first x

On some clear ones you do. The clear pops I have won't hold the colour unless I buff first x

Ive found this, my current pops are different. They repel the shellac so I have to buff those now. PITA.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive found this, my current pops are different. They repel the shellac so I have to buff those now. PITA.

Yes! That's a good word lol they literally seem to 'repel' the colour.

Yes! That's a good word lol they literally seem to 'repel' the colour.

Mine do this too. Pain in the wotsit

What a great idea!! Xx

Yeah save so much time & topcoat. just give them a wipe to remove the tacky layer from the back & that's them ready :) x

Hello Lovelies, please forgive my ignorance but what are "nail pops"? Can one of you lovelies upload a pix of one? Thanx!

Nails By Mirely

Hello Lovelies, please forgive my ignorance but what are "nail pops"? Can one of you lovelies upload a pix of one? Thanx!

Nails By Mirely

They are false nails on a stick basically! Lol so you can display your colours whether it be varnish or gel nail colour, so your clients can easily see the colours & choose it's also a good idea to write the name of the colour on the stick too!! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409410658.578344.jpg

Im looking into buying these - am I right with saying that you just apply the colour and leave to dry itself or must you out them under the uv light!

Sorry if the answer is obvious... :o

Im looking into buying these - am I right with saying that you just apply the colour and leave to dry itself or must you out them under the uv light!

Sorry if the answer is obvious... :o

If your applying a gel polish then yes you would still need to cure under your lamp.

Latest posts

Back