Nail tech needing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracy hayes

Reaction score
:o Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few problems? First can anyone tell me how to set a rhinestone into acrylic, as I am only used to working with gel and have recently been on a creative conversion course using liquid and powder. Also if a client wanted a full set of sculptured nails without white tips, which powder would I use for the free edge? I have pink, white, clear and natural. And last but not least, it is taking me a long time to do a rebalance, I am using a tuxedo file with the white side. Should I be using the more coarse side which is black?

Hi there
to set a rhinestone in L&P you put a dsb of base coat or brush on glue wher you want to place the gem then put your clear or pink whatever you are usign over the top.

As to the free edge problem if doing a permanent french then use white on the free edge, or if they want a more natural nail then use natural instead.

rebalancing i cant really help with as not brilliant myself but i tend to use a hotshot on the 240 side start at the free edge and work back towards the cuticle area.

i am sure one of the other geeks will be able to help with this question
HTH
x

Hi Tracy,

The rebalance, I normally start with a 120 grit file and thin out the entire enhancment starting in zone one up to zone two and making zone three very thin (using 240 grit), and working my way accross the nail plate in 3 paths (the left side, the middle and the right side) I thin down the apex as well or it looks gross, I file the enhancement as thin as I possibly can taking great care to not file through the product and onto the nail plate. I then use a 240 grit file (Hot Shot) and shape and reduce the length if necessary. Then when it's nice and even file gently over the enhancement to smooth out. I then use scrubfresh and PREP as per normal. I then apply the product as if it were the natural nail all over again and apply my product in all three zones as per normal.

I hope this is clear enough Tracy, I have a pounding headache at the moment so I hope I didn't confuse you too much. :o :hug: I do love rebalancing though.

Good luck hun
xxxx

Rose143 said:
I then use a 240 grit file (Hot Shot) and shape and reduce the length if necessary.

Just a note.

A hot shot is a 100 x 180 board, and should not be used near the natural nail.
I use the 180 grit side to thin out the free edge and move the apex placement.
i would then use a 240 grit (koala buffer or boomerang board) to thin out zone 3, making sure a tight seal is achieved if there was any lifting.
Then perform prep and reapplication

Sorry, getting my grits confused, know which prcedure of files though :eek:

sorry if this confused anyone!!!!!

Just wanted to thankyou for replying to my question. Has helped alot.
scattyfox said:
Hi there
to set a rhinestone in L&P you put a dsb of base coat or brush on glue wher you want to place the gem then put your clear or pink whatever you are usign over the top.

As to the free edge problem if doing a permanent french then use white on the free edge, or if they want a more natural nail then use natural instead.

rebalancing i cant really help with as not brilliant myself but i tend to use a hotshot on the 240 side start at the free edge and work back towards the cuticle area.

i am sure one of the other geeks will be able to help with this question
HTH
x

Thanks for all your advice. Feel better now I no what I was doing wrong.
Rose143 said:
Hi Tracy,

The rebalance, I normally start with a 120 grit file and thin out the entire enhancment starting in zone one up to zone two and making zone three very thin (using 240 grit), and working my way accross the nail plate in 3 paths (the left side, the middle and the right side) I thin down the apex as well or it looks gross, I file the enhancement as thin as I possibly can taking great care to not file through the product and onto the nail plate. I then use a 240 grit file (Hot Shot) and shape and reduce the length if necessary. Then when it's nice and even file gently over the enhancement to smooth out. I then use scrubfresh and PREP as per normal. I then apply the product as if it were the natural nail all over again and apply my product in all three zones as per normal.

I hope this is clear enough Tracy, I have a pounding headache at the moment so I hope I didn't confuse you too much. :o :hug: I do love rebalancing though.

Good luck hun
xxxx

Latest posts

Back