Nail tip glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loo

Reaction score
Arghhhhhhh :mad: Has anyone else experienced this problem I am sure you must have just wondered if anyone has a solution. I have tried several different makes of nail tip glue. Everytime I use it I clean the nozel properly and replace the lid. The next time I go to use it it is blocked. I have tried to unblock with a pin that doesnt work snipped the end of the nozel which works for that time but then it dries up again inside of the nozel, (they are all stored upright). However there is still loads of useable glue in the bottle. I end up having to throw away loads of these and always have a store of new ones just incase. I am now mad with having to keep getting new ones each time and wasting so much!! What do you do when you get this problem?? :( Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lucy, i used to have this problem all the time! I actually now use a glue from NSI which is in a brush form (i will find out the name of it) and you brush it on, have you tried this? I love it and cant live without it x x

Found out the name its called Polybond Adhesive x

Hiya, i used to get the same problem with the small rounded hard bottles of glue but since i switched to Creatives tubes of glue (gelbond) i havent had this problem. hope it helps....xxx

Hello I would be interested to know how I could order these it would have to be from a no minimum order company though as it is just the glue that doesnt block lol that I need I use ONS products at the mo.

Just have to add it isnt their glue that I use though as I get that from my local wholesalers as I get through so much of it having to throw it away all the time.

Hi Loo,

I don't know if this will help you but I used to have that problem with the glue I use and I started squeezing the sides of the bottle before closing it to release any air bubbles which normally draw the glue to the nozzel, as they rise. I haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps.

Rose

Hi Loo,

We do a Brush on Glue priced at £2.95 for 15ml. We do not have a min order but you will have to pay postage (approx £1.50 ) and vat .We also do a gel glue .

Take a look at www.lightelegance.co.uk

Kind Regards
Karen :biggrin:

Hey Loo,
I'd just like to second Rose's point. I think it's called 'burping the bottle'. I saw it on an essential nails vid and have been doing it ever since, it does seem to work. My problem is that right now I am storing my 'current' (ie, in use) glue on it's side as the only space I have for it in my overcrowded box, it has to lie in its side. Very rarely seems to glog up though - I use The Edge glue and so far it's worked better than any others I've tried, can't get on with gel types myself..
Hope you manage to sort something out!
xxx

i am using karens adhesive at the moment and it is really good, it has a brush and to date has`nt clogged at all.
dawn x

Ive used the NSI one too and i never use anything other than a brush on or gelbond now, Im currently using a brush on by IBD that i bought from Hairways, cant remember how much it was but it was only a couple of pounds i think? Never gets stuck! x

Hiya

Yeah Bimbogeri is right you need to burpe ya bottle!! Also Nailorder do a brush on Glue called NXT and it lasts ages.

Amanda

I have always used brush on glue (NSI or NXT) and am happy with both products.

In a salon that I worked, the techs put a cork message board pin in the nozzle instead of the lid. You know the pins with the coloured heads? They seemed to work out ok. You can get them anywhere.

when i was on my course we were taught to rub a dab of cutticle oil round the tip of the glue bottle, it works for me... :)

Hi Loo, I used to have problems with the nozzle blocking on my gelbond adhesive and ended up throwing a couple of tubes away. After posting a thread on this I was told that after I had applied the adhesive to the tip, wipe the nozzle on a lint free pad and replace the cap straight away. This has worked for me and dont get anymore clogging.HTHs

David

Rose143 said:
Hi Loo,

I don't know if this will help you but I used to have that problem with the glue I use and I started squeezing the sides of the bottle before closing it to release any air bubbles which normally draw the glue to the nozzel, as they rise. I haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps.

Rose
Hiya Rose!!

Question: Doesn't the glue sometimes still find its way into the nozzle after the squeeze? I'd like to know, because I've gotten a bottle or two that are locked tight with plenty of glue still inside, also...Does anyone know the best way to open such a bottle?

Hiya, l get really fed up with glue, l find that the glue l use the nozzel sticks to the lid!! l got fed up with throwing it away, so l use a wooden cuticle stick to put the glue on the tip, l will defo try the brush glue!!

Hi Ms. Matrix,

I found that the glue doesn't make it's way to the top after the squeeze as the air has escaped and there is nothing to push it to the top. I think the only way that glue can set is if it comes into contact with air (I think!) :)

I wouldn't know how to help you to unlock your bottles but I know you can buy nozzles seperatley and just replace them and still be able to use the glue that is left in the bottle. I find that just wiping the tip of the nozzle with a lint free wipe after every use or if it is dry just peeling off the glue that has gathered at the top of the nozzle to prevent it from sticking the lid to the bottle. Because it may look dry but it might still be moist inside.

I hope this helps you, i know how it feels!! I had to learn the hard way :)

Rose
x

'Burp the bottle' Loo.... Burp the Bottle!!! :)

Latest posts

Back