Nail tip glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that has happened to me as well as the glue lid sticking and me having to throw away half used gelbond tubes is that twice now when I have used a tube it has continued to flow, I have had to wipe the nozzle quickly and replace the cap then when I open it again, its flowing like billio and the gel is all over the nail tips - far too much is coming out. I cannot understand why this happens.

Does anyone know how you can open a stuck cap then - or is it a lost cause once its stuck?

Regards

I use Star nails glue (maybe not for much longer though!). After use, I wipe the nozzle, tap the bottom of the bottle on the desk and replace the lid. I've never had any problems with nozzle blockage since...I guess this must work in the same way as 'burping'.:eek:

Kind regards

Squeeze gelbond gently........ when you see the gel appearing in the nozzle stop for a mo............ as it is thicker it takes a little longer to come to the tip.........
A little tip....squeeze the tube gently, flat sides close to the back of the tube not the neck end, this gives you just a little gel to work with ...So squeeze the gel from the back to the front if you can follow that..... But dont squeeze it like toothpaste.............
Then after you have finished, a quick wipe with a lint free pad or hands down plastic backed pad does the trick.........

if you want to loosen stuck resin lids of any kind, dip the stuck lid in some very hot water , waite a minute and then twist.............. works for me xxxx

HTH

I fifth or sixth (or whatever) that! Burp the bottle. I use the glue which comes with an applicator attached too and it lays on it's side in my nail box coz it's packed full. No problems if you burb - does help it you give it a wipe with a lint free pad too just before you put the lid on.

Sherry.x

So glad this thread has been posted! I have been through loads of bloomin' glue. No matter what I did it would clog up. The cuticle oil round the nozzle at the top and in the lid worked fine for stopping the lid stcking on, but the glue itself would always set in the nozzle....Arghhhh!
I will buy a fresh bottle and 'burp' it next time!

I also use the pin in the end of the tube method which works for me! Also because it isn't clogging I'm not squeezing too hard and then having adhesive running everywhere.....

Yvette
x

stars r me said:
when i was on my course we were taught to rub a dab of cutticle oil round the tip of the glue bottle, it works for me... :)
hey,

never thought about doing that....think i may give a whirl as my glue bottles often get stuck!!!! xx

Latest posts

Back