Nail Wipes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
Can anyone help..!
I use Star Nail Wipes and since the Company is in change over its been really hard to get hold of them. What other Nail Wipes do you use because some of the ones iv used are useless, they leave bits on the nail or they rip apart..

Thanks

I use lint free wipes from NSI and don't have a problem with them at all

Hi Vicky,

depending on where you buy other stuff from - check out their nail wipes - Designer Nails do their Nail Technicians choice gauze wipes. www.nailsplusbeauty.com do their 2x2" square wipes which are also good. Wholesalers do "Caress" nail remover pads I think they are called. I know alot of techs like the paper ones that come on a roll of about 500 but I must say I hate them - they fall apart and leave you with varnish remover or scrubfresh on your own nails.

I also like the plastic backed "Hands Down" pads for Scrubfresh and remover but they work out a tad more expensive, so I use a mixture of both.

The best ones I have ever used are the Creative lint free pads (also great for cleaning your brush whilst applying L&P put a little scrubfresh on it first. or the ones called "hands down pads" (they are backed with plastic and perfect for removing enamel, oil and varnish. also great when using u.v gel too) also available through Creative Nail Design. I didn't like star, they wern't cotton and I couldnt controll them ,they slipped alot when i removed oil during prep.

I prefer the gauze like wipe, i buy "Non woven sawbs" by Bastos Viegas, a portuguese medical supplier wich also sells abroad. I love them because they are very soft, very cheap, leave nothing on the nails and absorb just the right amout of polish remover/gel wipe. The paper wipes for example, need too much gel wipe to do a goos job and i used to feel i was wasting a lot of money there!

I use Cesars Secrets wipes they are lint free and really good value

jussy said:
The best ones I have ever used are the Creative lint free pads (also great for cleaning your brush whilst applying L&P put a little scrubfresh on it first. or the ones called "hands down pads" (they are backed with plastic and perfect for removing enamel, oil and varnish. also great when using u.v gel too) also available through Creative Nail Design. I didn't like star, they wern't cotton and I couldnt controll them ,they slipped alot when i removed oil during prep.

Fellow geeks previously advised me to use the Creative ones also, but when I got to ExCel last month, they'd run out :cry: . I shall be looking out for them again at Olympia :biggrin: .

Thanks Ladies....even tho i'm a Creative gal i'v never tryed there Wipes, I'l be placing an order

Hi-

I use Nail Neats or Neat 'n' tidy from Supernail they come in packs of 100 or 200 & are lint free, they are excellent in aiding removal of polish.

HTHs
xx
vicky said:
Can anyone help..!
I use Star Nail Wipes and since the Company is in change over its been really hard to get hold of them. What other Nail Wipes do you use because some of the ones iv used are useless, they leave bits on the nail or they rip apart..

Thanks

INM's (although the code in Ellison's mail order book makes me think they may be Designer Nails??)..."Nail Techs Choice".....brilliant cus there are no fluffy bits left behind and no breaking up into a mushy mess!
Like Fiona...I found the benefits of "hands down" but I too, find em a bit costly....so I mix the two!

I only use the hands down wipes when i am removing polish, else i tend to get covered in it, don't know how, just clever i guess :o

I also use the nail techs choice gauze and 2 x 2 lint free wipes

I use IBD nail wipes - They are little foam type hex shaped pads. Because they are foam there is absolutely NO risk of any lint or anything coming off them. Great little things. Only thing is you have to store them out of the light otherwise they will turn yellow. I just use a white china container with a lid on it.

vicky said:
Can anyone help..!

Thanks

Tell me about it - i love Stars Nail wipes and when last at my wholesalers bought all their stock - i hope you get some more in soon i'm starting to run low.

i love them because:

they are durable
inexpensive
hold products used well ie remover or scrub fresh
don't leave bit's of lint

they are fab

Tell me about it..! There great for using Scrub fresh...They NEVER fall apart or leave bits...!

Fab Freak said:
Tell me about it - i love Stars Nail wipes and when last at my wholesalers bought all their stock - i hope you get some more in soon i'm starting to run low.

i love them because:

they are durable
inexpensive
hold products used well ie remover or scrub fresh
don't leave bit's of lint

they are fab

Latest posts

Back