Nails | CND Introduces Brisa Lite...Excited Much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
2013 is looking a lot like it's going to be a huge year in the nail industry and Brisa Lite is the first exciting innovation to come from CND. In a nutshell, Brisa Lite is better, easier and safer for nails. Good news, no?

Brisa Lite is the first removable gel that is safe, colour stable and provides three weeks wear. Whether you're using the Smoothing Gel System or the Sculpting Gel System, Brisa Lite instills serious "beauty confidence" by creating a complete set of natural-looking, perfect nails.

Quite simply, women won't stand for products that ruin their nails anymore. It's no longer necessary but, while many women have imperfect nails, they are resistant to traditional enhancements because, honestly, they're a pain to remove, they look unnatural and no matter what any one says, buffing can damage your nail, especially if done improperly and even if it's just a teeny-weeny bit.

Brisa Lite changes all this. It's formulated using Brisa's toughness and durability combined with Shellac's removal technologies. The technology delivers long wear and flexibility and the addition of solvents promotes removability allowing it to be taken off in pretty much the same way as Shellac, using Shellac Nourishing Remover. Plus the base coat technology, which also aids easy removal, also means increased adhesion. Clever, no?

There's no doubt that this is a pretty exciting offering from CND. For more information contact Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060 or check out Welcome - Sweet Squared

Until then...geek on!

The Ed

Images courtesy of CND (Creative Nail Design Inc.)

[Editor's Note: Third paragraph rephrased to avoid confusion. Previous statement was misleading. Apologies.]

Attachments

• EN12BrisaLiteBoldBeauAC93LR.jpg
    EN12BrisaLiteBoldBeauAC93LR.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,444
  • EN12BrisaLiteNatBeaut10F4LR.jpg
    EN12BrisaLiteNatBeaut10F4LR.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3,552
Last edited:
Very clever!!!! Love it.... Want it NOW :D

I'm so excited I might explode!!!

Looks very exciting :) Will this replace Brisa? Will a conversion class be required for those of use that use other Soak off gel systems?

Super excited. I don't yet offer enhancements but I'm wanting to do it with CND and this makes my desire to do them even stronger.

Love the fact that not filing or buffing is needed before application. I think Brisa Lite is going to be my new best friend :)

I was thinking of doing a CND Enhance course but now I'm wondering if I should wait and see if Brisa Lite is integrated. Anyone know if training is likely to be a completely separate course?

QUOTE ****Quite simply, women won't stand for products that ruin their nails anymore. It's no longer necessary but, while many women have imperfect nails, they are resistant to traditional enhancements because, honestly, they're a pain to remove, they look unnatural and no matter what any nail technician tells you, they damage your nail. ********

Does this post apply to the normal current Brisa system too then ? Am I causing damage to my clients nails using normal Brisa and not Brisa Lite ?
That snippet basicly says me to me that all gel systems cause damage apart from Brisa Lite.
Im very confused tbh by the post (and yes i am a cnd brisa user) x

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing a CND Enhance course but now I'm wondering if I should wait and see if Brisa Lite is integrated. Anyone know if training is likely to be a completely separate course?

I'd like to know the answer to this also.

Ridiculously excited about this, as will several of my clients be too! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

QUOTE ****Quite simply, women won't stand for products that ruin their nails anymore. It's no longer necessary but, while many women have imperfect nails, they are resistant to traditional enhancements because, honestly, they're a pain to remove, they look unnatural and no matter what any nail technician tells you, they damage your nail. ********

Does this post apply to the normal current Brisa system too then ?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this!

Does this post apply to the normal current Brisa system too then ? Am I causing damage to my clients nails using normal Brisa and not Brisa Lite ?
That snippet basicly says me to me that all gel systems cause damage apart from Brisa Lite.

Yeah...I think caution needs to be applied with what is said about Brisa lite. To imply that it's the only product that doesn't damage the nails could be risky in that it's like saying "every product that ever existed prior to this isn't very good."

Like I'm sure it's a new and improved product, I have no doubt of that what with no buffing required but I hope it's marketed in a way that doesn't make existing products such as Brisa and Retentionplus sound substandard.

Yeah...I think caution needs to be applied with what is said about Brisa lite. To imply that it's the only product that doesn't damage the nails could be risky in that it's like saying "every product that ever existed prior to this isn't very good."

Like I'm sure it's a new and improved product, I have no doubt of that what with no buffing required but I hope it's marketed in a way that doesn't make existing products such as Brisa and Retentionplus sound substandard.

You have worded it so much better than I did , thats exactly what i was trying to say :)

Don't do nails, but it seems like all techs have been lying to their customers telling them that enhancements don't damage nails - the incorrect applications do. Has it all been a lie all along? :o turns out they DO damage nails. No matter what ...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I have not been on any update training yet so know as much about this product right now as any other geek.
For me personally, when a client asks me about Shellac compared to other systems-gel or L+P I always mention the fact that Shellac requires no filing of the natural nail what so ever.
As many of us pro's know, its not a big deal to remove the shine when done carefully and properly when required by the system, however, the simple fact is that even when done carefully its still not as 'kind' to the natural nail as not doing so at all is it?

So whilst used properly Retention+ and Brisa arent causing serious damage to the nail its still fair to say its not as gentle as Brisa Lite, making Brisa Lite a great choice for those not wishing to have their natural nail buffed at all.

No buffing is a massive appeal to many Shellac users and often a factor that leads them to use the product, so to incorporate this into a stronger system allowing more length and strength is fantastic and in that way Brisa Lite certainly is a superior product with regards to gentleness against other enhancement products.
It doesnt mean other products are not great, just not as gentle- as with anything however, many factors need to be looked at in deciding the most appropriate product for the client.

Just a quick question (if anyone knows yet) I'm having a reaction to L&P and Gel (I'm an NSI user but have also had some itching with retention + and Brisa) but I don't seem to have a problem with shellac. Was just wondering if the new Brisa Lite is likely to be along the lines of shellac or more likely to give me the same reaction as L&P and Gel. I have contemplated bio sculpture but can't get my hands to clear up enough to try it. I'm at my wits end and love my job but can't take my hands and fingers splitting anymore. I'm hoping this will be the solution I'm after. Will be keeping an eye on this xx

So looking forward to the launch of Brisa Lite. I can hardley wait.:)

Editor's Note:

Apologies for confusion. I've rephrased 3rd paragraph to make it clearer what my meaning was when referring to 'damage'.

The Ed.

Just a quick question (if anyone knows yet) I'm having a reaction to L&P and Gel (I'm an NSI user but have also had some itching with retention + and Brisa) but I don't seem to have a problem with shellac. Was just wondering if the new Brisa Lite is likely to be along the lines of shellac or more likely to give me the same reaction as L&P and Gel. I have contemplated bio sculpture but can't get my hands to clear up enough to try it. I'm at my wits end and love my job but can't take my hands and fingers splitting anymore. I'm hoping this will be the solution I'm after. Will be keeping an eye on this xx

I don't think any of us are in a position to answer fully how Brisa Lite is going to work, but by the op posting it has similar properties to Brisa, but works like Shellac.

I'm excited as it gives us fibreglass techs a real alternative if you don't want to do other enhancement methods :)

Latest posts

Back